The Chameleon Rehabilitation Experience

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by alfon76, Sep 14, 2011.

1. alfon76

alfon76 Reptile Veterinarian

Hi everyone. As the title says I have taken on a project to rehabilitate imported chameleons that are not fit to be sold and would likely die unless given a chance. Not sure they will live but the journey of attempting to save them will be filled with information either way. CLick on the link below for the full story:

http://www.ivanalfonso.com/2011/09/the-chameleon-rehabilitation-experience/

Thanks for looking.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Extremely noble of you to do something like this, Ivan. Best of luck to you in your rehabilitation program and giving these chams a chance to live a great life. Keep up the great work, I'll be following the progress of these chams on your site. My best wishes to you and the reptiles, they're in great hands!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. alfon76

Thanks for the nice words Jeff. I am not doing this as much out of nobility as it is out of necessity. Too many chameleons are lost due to lack of knowledge in how to properly acclimate them and treat them. I have a soft spot for chameleons since they are the reason I became a Vet in the first place, and I am looking to provide proof that chameleons in bad shape can be successfully rehabilitated and kept healthy. I know this isn't going to be a sure shot thing, but I also believe a lot of answers will be revealed.

mark macy, ELF2240 and Louie like this.
  6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Well it's through you doing this that uncountable chameleons will be saved in the future, so even though not all may make it, you can at least know that the knowledge you will be spreading from this experience will save many in the future :) Best of luck to you and all of your rescues!

reptileden0 likes this.
  8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. alfon76

Thanks Lauren.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Coopersmith1289

Coopersmith1289 Embryo

That awsome I love the idea, all animmals should have a chance to servie, no matter what. I dont know but if I can do anything to help just let me know, I love the cause and I love that there someone out there for the chamelons.

12. Ramon Alamillo

Ramon Alamillo New Member

I really do appreciate what your doing. I usually take in chams from people who cant care for them anymore, or try my best to register on reptile sites. Always making myself available for any Cham questions that people may have.

13. MomWithABeard

MomWithABeard New Member

I'm not a Chameleon mama but very interested to follow your progress! Keep up the good work!

14. Holmes

Holmes New Member

I've been keeping chameleons for quite a while now as well. I'm so glad some people are glad to rehome these beautiful creatures. Honestly the lack of knowledge when it comes to these species is astounding, people really should do more research before buying ANY kind of pet, no matter the species.

I am thankful for you doing this.

Tim3skimo likes this.