The Ferret Thread

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by KLiK, Dec 30, 2004.

1. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. xile

xile Member

Very pretty little things. I take care of my step bro's ferret since he moved out and it's just a regular black and white ferret lol.
    Do you keep them together?

-c.nash

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Floyd_Is_My_Beardie

Floyd_Is_My_Beardie Member

KLiK they are tooo cute.......

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. jethro

jethro New Member

phh those are awsome...albino right?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. jethro

jethro New Member

phh=ohh

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Those are wicked! I wish I could get a ferret...

Nice pics!

12. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

yes they are both albino and yes they are in the same cage

13. kephy

kephy Moderator

Aww, precious little things! Are they siblings, and how old are they?

I got a new ferret over the holidays too, a little friend for PS2. Mind if I use your thread to share pics?

14. Trigunfan

Trigunfan New Member

i wish i could get a ferret the but only thing my mom would let my get now would be more fish

15. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

they are brother and sister and 2 months old. one is the runt of the litter. sure go ahead post pics

16. dan420

dan420 Member

Do you ahve to worry about them mating when they are older since one is male and the other is female?

17. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

i am planning on getting them neutered when they are 6 months

18. kephy

kephy Moderator

I'm surprised they aren't fixed already. I guess they are breeder ferrets, not from Marshall Farms? That's awesome. We have one Marshall Farms ferret, , and the one we just adopted came from a breeder in Ohio. They're both fixed though.

[​IMG]
    Playstation, the boy, is the one closer to the camera. Genesis, the girl, is the smaller one we just adopted. :D

19. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

i bought these from my sister's friend. hers had a litter so i figured i take them off her hands :D she says that this may be her last litter though, because it is getting to be a pain having all of the little ones to worry about along with the two adults.

20. kephy

kephy Moderator

I would imagine! Adults are a handful enough already, babies are just devious! :D

21. xile

xile Member

lol. The ferret in my house has 2 cages attached together one is 6' tall and the other is 3' tall. They are both about 4' x 4' length x width though.

22. ~}Bastet{~

~}Bastet{~ New Member

I'm not much of a lover for ferrets. As they can give such a nasty bite. Ive had some bad contacts with ferrets. My dad has kepy ferrets also.

But they are so cute :wink: .

23. Dylacat

Dylacat Member

Klik~ Your ferrets are awesome! They are very adorable. Do they free roam at all? If so, how do they do with your herps? I've been wanting to get one, once we move to Pittsburgh, and I've heard that they can be mischevious (curious?) when it comes to other pets.

Rebecca

24. kephy

kephy Moderator

It depends on the pet..... ferrets and reptiles are definately NOT compatible, natural enemies and such. I keep mine in a seperate room from the reptiles.

They tend to get along fine w/ cats and dogs though, as long as the cat or dog is gentle w/ the ferret.

25. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

i let the free roam my room when i get home from school. yes they can be mischevious, but it seems they are scared of my cresties and croc skink and they look into their tanks, if one of the herps move they run lol sometimes my parots roam around following the ferrets, but i make sure i keep an eye on that because ferrets play very rough