The Great Cricket Escape Starring Cricket McQueen

Discussion in 'Feeder Forum' started by LittleMick, Oct 3, 2009.

1. LittleMick

LittleMick Member

Well this story amused me somewhat so I thought I would share it.
    Anyway, I got my Leo, Elle, at the beginning of September, the old dear was none to happpy about it, but then again, if it hasn't got fur she don't think it's cute. She's also gotten used to having live foods in the fridge, etc. I don't think she knows I feed the Leo cricks. Well I invested in one of those terrible cricket keepers. And since then I have had a few escapees, my sister said she heard a cricket and she thinks it is behind the fridge, I thought Oh bloody hell, if mum hears that and finds out what it is she will throw a mental. So I was hoping it would kick the bucket before my old dear got wind of it.
    Well Thursday night I went downstairs to make a cuppa, the old dear was in the dining room watching TV, I went into the kitchen and I could hear this chirping noise, I was like..... damn, shut up will you. My old dear was oblivious to it. Then on Friday, another cuppa and a ciggy in the utility room, my old dear comes into the kitchen, and she's looking at the fridge, leaning out trying to hear something and she says "Can you hear that?". I said what? And went into the kitchen, luckily it had stopped. She says "It sounds like a bird or something, I looked at her like she was mad. She said she had pulled the fridge out to see what was making the noise. She moved it again, no noise. She said "I wonder if the fridge is on the blink". I told her I thought she was going senile. Well when I got back to my computer I promptly ordered a bug trap. At about 3am Saturday morning I goes to have a late ciggy and this damn cricket is off again, damn it was loud.
    Come Saturday, my sister tells me, mum had the fridge out again but came to the conclusion the fridge was on the blink and that she should buy a new one, lmao. I'm thinking Ohhh No!!! Luckily my bug trap came Saturday, so I have stuck that down for any more escapes. I haven't heard from the one behind the fridge so I am hoping it has kicked the bucket.

I have also used Milliput, a type of modelling clay to block up the holes in the cricket keeper.

AND THE MORAL OF THE STORY - Always keep a fairly old fridge in the house so you have something to blame the noises on, lol.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. littlebeard

littlebeard Embryo

yea thats why never bring crickets inside of the house, i always try to keep em in the basement but still they escape so now i just put them in 20 gallon tubs( i have a couble of those tubs cause im also breeding crickets), its too high for them and they can't escape no more,