The Whipping Iguana

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by boyle0027, Jul 25, 2007.

1. boyle0027

boyle0027 Embryo

I am looking for some info on my whipping iguana. I bought him from a place in houston and he is very healthy looking iguana. He is shedding wright now and has a problem with whipping me everytime I try to hold him. I have had him a few days now, but dont know much about them. He is in a 55 gallon tank with fake trees and other things like that. I feed him twice a day, in the morning and in the evening. He is about a 1' long with the tail and everything. I need to know what can I do and what has to happen to have a cool iguana that I can hold without him get pist off at me. Thanks for your time and please help.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Drache613

Drache613 Well-Known Member

Hello

Hello,

Well, first off, iggy's take a bit to get used to you! Also, you just got him, so, it will take a couple of weeks for him to feel settled in or possibly longer to get used to his new surroundings.
    Give him some time. Does he try to bite you or just tail whip?
    Start by just putting your hand in there, & handfeed him a piece of fruit or a green. That will start to win his trust & eventually, he will come around for you.
    You do have the proper setup correct? UVB, heating, supplementation, nutrition, etc?

Tracie

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Iguana_Momma_Sushi

Iguana_Momma_Sushi New Member

RE: Hello

We have all of that good stuff here, and our male, whom we've had since January after 6 months of not having him, has JUST NOW taken to whipping. Any suggestions?