There's something on my Leopard Gecko's lip.

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by GeckoEcho, Jan 10, 2016.

1. GeckoEcho

GeckoEcho Embryo

There is something on my Leopard Gecko's lip, it kinda looks like overlapped old shed. Can I just take it off his lip with pincers? I don't know what to do!

Attached Files:

2. ajlista

ajlista Well-Known Member

Well, quite a long time ago I do remember one of my leopard geckos had this going on along with another sickness. I'm not a hundred percent sure, but it looks a bit like mouth rot. IT seems scary, but from what i've heard a vet visit does well, im not sure if they prescribe anti-biotics or what not, as for my gecko, he was no longer eating and had an eye infection and he passed. I'd say your best bet is to see a vet, im not sure there are home remedies that are proven to work for mouth rot.

3. GeckoEcho

GeckoEcho Embryo

Isn't that really expensive? :(

4. ajlista

ajlista Well-Known Member

It depends, some vets you go to, if its a quick in and out where they prescribe something they might not charge you for the like evaluation? I suppose you could call it, I went to two different vets and they were both very nice and didnt charge me for coming in and having them take a look, but like i said this varies from vet to vet. Also some places you can do perhaps a payment plan if it is local or something of the sort.