Thin, Brown, Won't Eat, Won't Open Eyes! HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by Phoenixx, May 5, 2009.

1. Phoenixx

Phoenixx Embryo

I have 3 green anoles, 1 male 2 female. I'vehad them in this same habitat with the right setup and temperature and all that for a year now. Over the past 3-4 days one of the females has stopped opening her eyes and she's always brown unless she's picked up (she is almost always green normally and actually likes being picked up). She won't eat, will drink, and skeletons are fatter than her right now. We separated her and got her a hydrating medicine that apparently tastes awful. What could be causing this and what can I do? I do NOT want to lose her! The one we got her with died of old age and she's about 3 years old I'm told and she's my favourite. She's always been active but now she's so inactive she falls out of the tree and stays there and at times seems to stop breathing! I've tried even making loud sudden noises which usually startles them into opening their eyes but nothing is working. She has not been attacked by the way. Please help as soon as you possibly can, preferably cross post here and to my e-mail

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. anoleboy2

anoleboy2 Member

This could have happened from a bad shedding that left some old skin on her eyelids try to increase the humidity and if that doesnt work you may have too very gently help it shed with tweezers good luck

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

In the future please do not ask to be contacted via e-mail. I will e-mail you with my thoughts and some help but please do bear this in mind.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. veggieberger

veggieberger Embryo

So hows she doing?
    I live in florida where anoles are native I have millions of them outside my house. I love them theyre so cute. I hope yours will be ok..