Thinking About Getting Anole(s), Need Advice.

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by 560895, Apr 10, 2007.

1. 560895

560895 Embryo

ok ...thanks,

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. 560895

560895 Embryo

I finally got a little $$, and went to a Reptile store and they aslo had a 50% off , all stuff so I got The Reptisun 10.0 for only $20, and I also got 3 Anoles, im sure that 2 are females, but I also got a Baby one so I have no idea what it is(male/female)...I had one question though, what can I use as a Background so they feel more confortable? I have seen tanks with just a Big black trash bag, I kinda like the look of it, would that be fine?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. plmarsg8

plmarsg8 Well-Known Member

A black piece of paper works fine. If you don't like the look, try to get a backgroung that fits well with the furniture and "look" of your enclosure.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. 560895

560895 Embryo

Yeah, I went ahead and put a A black Bag, and It looks way better, and I think the Anoles are a lot more confortable....Thanks

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

The only thing i am worried about is that you say you are housing three together, and they are not of the same size. You need to be 100% that there are not 3 males in the tank, and really a baby should not be housed with adults. It would be really stressful, and competition for food will arise. That's not even taking into consideration you are going to need to think about what sized food to feed each anole.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. 560895

560895 Embryo

Well the size diferential is not that much, its only 1/4 of an inch, the two biggest ones are definetly females, but im not sure about the other one, right now im feeding them small crickets(a little smaller than their head) and i feed them till they dont want anymore which is usually 2-3 (they end up eating around 10-15 a week).....P.S. Im sorry if somewhere I said they were adults(theyre not close to being adults)

12. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

That's a nice amount for them to be eating, and i'm glad that the size difference is minimal. Just keep an eye on them, to see if any fighting does actually occur, and good luck!