Timor Monitor Question

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by yesITis, Jan 18, 2005.

1. yesITis

yesITis New Member

what kind of environment do Timor Monitors live in? Like tropical,reinforest, desert, so i know what stuff i need to put in my cage and are timor monitors real arboreal?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. JLExotics

JLExotics New Member

Timors are arboreal and will use the space if given. They like it rainforest type. Humid, lots of trees!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. yesITis

yesITis New Member

im so close to buyin a timor but i think im going with a sumatran water monitor because so many poeple told me Timors hate to be handled and handling them stresses them out alot. is that true

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. JLExotics

JLExotics New Member

My calmest Timor was a W.C. adult male that was slightly over 2ft. He would actually ride on my shoulder around the house. Holding Any reptile does infact stress them out, but to what level? Your timor isn't going to die because you handle it, same with a ball python, corn snake, water monitor, tegu...whatever! By the sounds of it your 15-16yrs old? Don't get a water monitor of ANY locale. Water get huge 7ft easy. They will weigh in at over 100lbs! They require an entire rooms worth of space as adults! My advice to you would be to get a tegu! I love monitors but unless you'll settle for something very large which isn't so practicle, or an African monitor which generally stays pretty calm (savs, w/t and b/t) you most likely won't end up with something that will just sit in your lap. Monitors generally don't want to be held, and will run at any given chance. My tegus on the other hand will lay down and fall asleep on me! Anyways good luck with whatever you choose!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. FertGirl

FertGirl New Member

Ackies.....they're calm.....and small.....

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. yesITis

yesITis New Member

dude im not 15 years old and ive always had big monitors just never any dwarf's. so i dont know any thing about him. and ive owned a 6 foot 85 pound sumatran before and 42 inch savannah and a bunch of other big monitors.

12. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

take it easy he is making a suggestion because most people just go out and get monitors not realizing how big they get or how much work is required. back to the timors, they can be expensive because of how hard they are to find in captivity. i would go with JL and get an Argentinian Black and White tegu. those are awsome and they act like dogs with scales

13. yesITis

yesITis New Member

alright

well ive found to places with 3 places with Timor Monitors. mcgrathreptiles.com...thay are 110$ there then i found some at urbshouseofherps.com for 85$ and then i found a private breeder who is sellin them for 100$ (sub adults). i went with the private breeder because i seen alot of pics and the quality of his animals are really good because i bought a peach throat from him about 6 months ago and she was flawless and real healthy.

if anyone wants his email address just let me know. he has every thing and alot of rare stuff to for a decent price and he replys to ur emails fast.

14. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

wow definatly PM me the email adress.

15. yesITis

yesITis New Member

alright i will PM you his email address

16. Reptileman4life

Reptileman4life Embryo

cna u pm me it to?

17. guitarplyr13

guitarplyr13 Embryo

Hey... there are Timors for $89.99 at www.lllreptile.com and its a great site. Ive ordered 3 pairs of snakes throught them and theyre all great and healthy.

18. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

but LLLReptile sells WC.

19. Demasoni.com

Demasoni.com New Member

VOID

VOID

Σ

20. dino&geico

dino&geico Embryo

WC means wild caught. it is better ro get cb which means captive bred. this way it reduces the risks of parasites and other diseases it could hav picked up in the wild

21. Demasoni.com

Demasoni.com New Member

VOID

VOID

Σ

22. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

it you want a gorgeous looking tree dwelling monitor go for a black or green tree monitor

23. Demasoni.com

Demasoni.com New Member

VOID

VOID

Σ

24. Demasoni.com

Demasoni.com New Member

VOID

VOID

Σ

25. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

to be honest im not sure if it is a morph thing. i think it is more of like a general genetics thing, like some dalmation crested geckos have more spot then other dalmation crested geckos