tokay not moving much

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by darkendlight88, Jul 16, 2007.

1. darkendlight88

darkendlight88 New Member

so i got my tokay last friday and ive left him completely alone since. but hes been just sitting in the same spot since i put him in there. i check him out at night and in the morning he will be in the same spot. during the day he'll move around a little but not much. im kinda worried. im keeping him in a 18x18x24 cage with plenty of foilage and hinding spots. the temp during the day is around 80-85 and drops to 75-80 during the night. the humidity always stays around 50, plus or minus 10 percent. and im feeding him crickets right now. is there anything he would like better?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. NoisyJoisy

NoisyJoisy New Member

is he out in the open or under foliage? how long has he been there? eating anything?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. darkendlight88

hes on a log thats covered with fake plants so hes pretty hidden. hes been there for a couple days. im not sure if he moves at night then goes back to that spot, but i had about 10 crickets in the tank and i can only see 4 now. so i think he has been eating. you think hes still shy and stressed? ive only had him for like 4 days

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. my_baby_anoles

my_baby_anoles Member

it is possible...My bfs tokay never seems to move...but a couple times i get up in the middle of the night to go bathroom, and he is out cruising....sometimes they just need their time to settle, if he was purchased from a pet store, I bet he is not used to having such a bi space with proper husbandry! hoping that is what's up

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. darkendlight88

i hope so too. i love these guys though. theyre so cool. i hope he'll be alright. besides crickets what seems to be theyre favorite food?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. brendywendy

brendywendy Well-Known Member

mine loves locusts, but if you are in the states you cant get em

roaches always go down well with mine too

12. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like he is just getting used to his new enviroment. I'd be concerned though, if he's still not very active in a week or too.

13. darkendlight88

ok thanx for the help everyone. ill check back in a week or so

14. darkendlight88

i just wanted to let people know that this morning i took my tokay to get dewormed for parasites. i left him in his enclosure and today when i get back he was out and about exploring, he drank pretty much his entire bowl or water and most of the crickets i left him with are gone. so he is doing ALOT better id say. just wanted to let everyone know