Tokay Not Sticking

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by Spacey, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Spacey

Spacey New Member

I think my Tokay has lost her sticky power! My seven year old Tokay has been acting strange for the past few weeks – she has been hanging out on the ground! I became concerned and decided to take her out for a look (maybe shed had something to do with it). There was no shed problem, but I did notice the pads of her feet no longer felt sticky like they once did and the color was no longer white but now brown. I’ve been told they can’t loose their sticky feet but it really appears as if mine has – any ideas??

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

Sorry for the delay in the reply.

This problem could be caused by some minor husbandry issues, maybe you could provide us with a run-down of your enclosure / temps etc ?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Spacey

Spacey New Member

It appears Lizzy has her stickiness back! How it happened, I have no idea! The other night I was by her cage and she was sticking to the front. I’m going to keep my fingers crossed and hope she’s all better – her cage is 40 gallon, lots of leaves and hiding spots, bark substrate sprayed once a day, 85 day temp, and 75 night temp. I’ll keep an eye on her but if it happens again???