Tokay Slurry

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by vthokie11, Jan 26, 2010.

1. vthokie11

vthokie11 Embryo

So I'm pretty sure that my tokay gecko is eating very little if any at all. I purchased him for $3 at a reptile show and was informed by the seller that he wasn't eating well. I keep and breed leopard geckos but decided I would like to have a tokay gecko as a "display" pet. I went to the show with the plan to purchase a tokay gecko (I already had his terrarium set up and have done tons of research) and I figured I would be willing to give him more individual care then someone who had 100+ reptiles. As soon as I can get a stool sample (assuming he eats enough to defecate) I am taking it to the vet to be tested for parasites. Is there a slurry similar to the one used for leopard geckos that I could feed him with until I get the results of fecal exam? I have him in a sterilite container, not sure of the exact size but it is taller then it is wide. I have moist paper towels as the substrate, along with a water dish, a terrestrial hide, and a hollow piece of cork bark that spans from the top of the container to the floor. I also have several fake plants arranged around the top. The lid has been altered such that it has a piece of screen in the middle of it to allow for ample air flow. The humidity remains between 70-90%. I am heating it with a CHE which is thermostat controlled to keep one corner of the container at 90F the ambient temperatures everywhere else range from 78-82F. Any help would be greatly appreciated.