Tokays around my house

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by ggeno555, Oct 23, 2008.

1. ggeno555

ggeno555 Embryo

I have 4 grown Tokays roaming around the side of my house. And one day I looked into a hole in the side of the house, and found in there about 10 eggs. They have been hatching one or two every other day. Then they stay with the parents to hunt.
    Last night one newly hatched wondered into my home easy to catch and he did open his mouth to defend himself. I wanted to keep him as a pet, but said there here everyday to look at in the night. So I? let him go back into the hole were the eggs were. The mother saw me too.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. deydey

deydey Member

wow that must be so amazing!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

i know this is an old post, sorry :). i've been seeing tokays around in traditional animal market, and i want one so bad! :lol:
    they're here as medicine, and we have tokays here sometimes, (i've never heard or seen them in my place, but some people here do)
    and i've heard people saying about their sound. we called it here tokek, more likely sounded like that for us.

i want this thing, but i know this thing is bitey, and can hurt a lot if it bites.
    but they're stunning. love the colours. who here have some?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. ggeno555

ggeno555 Embryo

Hi from laoman;

I want to ad a note about the update of our eggs and baby Tokay's, We keep a panal of chalk board leaning against the side of our home and every night I lift the top part away from the wall and I see the fater and a teen and a baby or two behind the board on the wall. They don't run unless I move to them or open the board to much.
    But it's great to feed them when I find a stray cricket or grasshopper, I wiggle it at the top of the board and they come up to strike at fast speed to bit the insect. And then they see me. I hope they become use to seeing me and maybe not scared of me one day. Then it would be like a giant glass home for them. Where I can always watch them anytime.
    Here it is late April 09 and I still see a baby that looks about 1 month old, so that means the eggs I saw were hatching all this time from Oct, 08
    Good luck with finding one, and I love to hear them every night. The poor Mother she always stays around the home hole and she did lose her tail somehow. But there colors are so bright at times with the red dots over there blue skin.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

wow. you never got bitten?
    wew..
    it's funny how people here think tokays are a bit mythical :)
    they says every squeal of the tokays have meanings,
    like this, the first sound means you're going to be rich
    the second squell you're poor
    the third rich again
    till it ends, then that's your fate.
    funny isnt it??
    a farm here breed a 3.6kg tokay!!!!