Tokays & Baby Food?

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by reako45, Jul 30, 2004.

1. reako45

reako45 Member

A friend of mine recently bought a Tokay and has been feeding her giant mealies and crix. I read that Tokays will accept fruit nectar from time to time. True? What about baby food? If so, has anyone tried this and, what flavors have they had success with? THX, any info is greatly appreciated! I have 2 Golden geckos, Sunny & Midas, that are positively fiends for the peach flavored stuff.

reako45

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. herp_girl

herp_girl Embryo

It's true some Tokays will eat fruit. My wouldn't touch the stuff. If your friend's will eat it, have them mix some calcium powder with it.

Stephanie

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. reako45

reako45 Member

THX, I feed my Goldens peach flavor baby food, so maybe it'll work w/ my friend's Tokay.

reako45

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

yep - definately try it. many gecko species will eat fruit and veggies and LOVE babyfood. like stephanie said, though, it depends on the individual - some love it and some won't touch it. there's no harm in offering it to see if your guys likes it. i also completely agree with what stephanie said about powdered reptile vitamins. if your gecko DOES like fruit and veggie babyfoods, mix about half a teaspoon of powdered reptile vitamins in a 4 oz jar of babyfood. it's a *great* way to get them to eat the vitamins. you can also mix in about a teaspoon of baby rice cereal with the babyfood and vitamins if they like it. i'd only give them the babyfood with vitamins in it about once a week and don't forget that these guys need insects, too (which should be gut-loaded). good luck!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. reako45

reako45 Member

THX< I'll pass on the info to my friend and next jar of babyfood I get I'll mix in the vitamins.

reako45