tokays live in my house!!

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by PoisenDart, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Spot

Spot ReptileBoards Addict

I can see how you want to earn a few $$, but I hope you're not out to catch all of them to sell.
    It'd be nice if you let a few stay free and grow in the wild.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. PoisenDart

PoisenDart New Member

u dont know how many there r in the house....in a guess i say about 30 babys! and i three sooo.....

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Spot

PD, I never believed you were going to go on a massive hunt. but I just wanted to make sure. :wink:
    I see nothing wrong with catching some of them - you trust this petshop you're selling them to care for them correctly, right?

'hope you can show us some pics! I've never seen tokay babies hanging around wild in a house!!

btw, does it get noisy??

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. PoisenDart

PoisenDart New Member

I do trust this repitle store..i bought my first leo from them.And they actually didnt have it on sand!they had it on carpet!The guy that worked there said that he did some research and changed it.And it doesnt get nosey unless u go to the adic.But im movin in a week so i feel bad for the people who r gonna live their soon....if they dont like herps.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

dakman can you handle the tokays that you hatch out even when they are adults? i got 2 females from a guy who just got bored with them and i might breed them but i'm not sure if i want to have a bunch of vicious geckos.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Spot

Oh, that's too bad you're moving. Ya know, if that's the case, I'd think about catching as many as you can...It'd be tragic if the new residents don't like them and decide to exterminate the whole house!

12. PoisenDart

PoisenDart New Member

o yeah i have a question how do i know my password?I for get did i make it up or did they give it ot me?

'not sure what you mean? the password for this forum?? You're posting, so you must know your password...or do you have it set up as auto log in.
    Anyway, if it's the password to this forum, then it's something you created and not given to you.

13. dakman

dakman New Member

Each Tokay has it's own personallity, some take to handling better than others. On the most part though CB's are much easier to work with being brought up in captivity and adjusting to people right off the bat. Yes i do handle my Tokays when they are adults. Some are naturally really tame and some take a little more getting used to it. Handling them reguarly makes a big difference as with starting with them right after they hatch. I also never where gloves or restrain them when holding them.

OK, bad pic of me but one of my tame adults that likes hanging out on me around the house
    [​IMG]

14. browneyes060

browneyes060 New Member

I AM SO JELOUS!!! i live in canada and we definately dont get geckos or lizards strolling through our homes. maybe mice but thats about it. WAAAHHH :) i wanna find lizards in my house.

15. Cordelia

Cordelia Embryo

hey dakman any hints you can give me on breading would be greatly appreciated! :D

16. Cordelia

Cordelia Embryo

hints

hey dakman any tips you can give me on breeding (thank god my quick reply didnt show up cause it said BREADING (rolls eyes) its 1:51 am here in Flagstaff AZ

17. jurgen_

jurgen_ Embryo

lol i live in belgium(europe) and i'm happy if i see a lizard just somewhere the chance that a lizard turns up into my house is verry small (let's say there's no chance) :D