Tons of new pics...blues, albinos, vision cages!

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by JLExotics, Jan 24, 2005.

1. JLExotics

JLExotics Embryo

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. KLiK

KLiK Member

i really want an albino. are you planning on breeding your tegus?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. JLExotics

JLExotics Embryo

I am planning on breeding my tegus. I'm going to the tampa show in search of 1.1 adult blues and 0.1 albino. I can't put babies/sub-adults with my female so I figure why not look for adults and try and get some little ones this season! That would bring my total to 1.2 blue and 1.2 albino. If snows prove out I'll end up snagging a trio of those, and I'm currently in search of a male platinum. Lots to come...Tegus are my love in the hobby!!!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. xile

xile Embryo

How much will albinos be? And will Floridians get discounts? *cough* lol

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. KLiK

KLiK Member

when you get them up and breeding lemme know i might be interested in an albino

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. JLExotics

JLExotics Embryo

LOL!!! I do plan on quantity discounts. As for normal pricing it all depends on the market. Currently they are $650+ (they can vary -If I hadn't payed for my pair in full they would of wanted another $100 for the female because she's so darn good looking!!!) direct from the breeder, and $1,000 in stores. They may stay that price they may come down, no one really knows. I'm looking at 1-2 years before mine are even adults so you never know where the price will be then! I'm sure we'll be able to work something out! I'd be willing to drive a decent distance to meet up with anyone interested. Again it'll be a few years till I have albinos available, but I may have some blues this season!!! I still think anyone with an albino should own a blue or atleast a het albino blue. They compliment each other so well with the different contrast! That's why I have to have them both, plus I love the normals just as much! Now in that 2 year time frame will will find out if the snows prove out in which I'll snag a trio of those. I'm hoping to find a platinum (soon!!!) to try and breed them out this year. I'd like to know if they are even genetic as to my knowledge no one has bred a platinum back to a normal and the hets back to dad (to my knowledge there are only male platinums). I have lots of work to do with the blue tegus. As of now to me snows are just faded albinos, but we'll have to see.

12. KLiK

KLiK Member

hmmm normal blues are awsome....i gota think about that. maybe the next season i'll get a normal. i was planning on getting one of each actually but right now i only have room for one.

13. xile

xile Embryo

I'm willing to drive to you for alittle dicount *wink wink* lol.
    It can't be that far, a couple hours. I live in Homestead.

14. JLExotics

JLExotics Embryo

Here is a great pic of Bennetts Albino and one of his het girls:
    [​IMG]

Hopefully I'll have some available this season (normal Blues)! We'll have to wait and see! Homestead is about 1hr+ from me depending on where your at exactly. I can make it to Bennetts in 40-45min driving Mock 2 lol.

Oh...did I mention the albinos look 10X better as adults?!?!?!

15. xile

xile Embryo

lol.
    I goto school in Miami (Robert Morgan) I live in Homestead, Not the most southern part, more towards the north.
    I didn't think Bennet had any other tegus than reds... Well I never asked him lol. Only read his site about the red tegus and I've only talked to him in person and through forums, and emails about beardies and enclosures.

16. JLExotics

JLExotics Embryo

My pair are from the same people (ASF). Bennet's are really nice! I love his reds!!! To be honest I was interested in the albinos but when I saw Bennetts (my first one in person) I fliped and called Bill right away and purchased them LOL. I love the tegus! I'll get a shot of what I wake up in the morning to....2 very large visions :)! I have a 3rd on it's way!!!