Tortoise food-who else uses this?

Discussion in 'Tortoises' started by Kingkier, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Kingkier

Kingkier New Member

[​IMG]
    T-Rex Dry Formula Tortoise Food i've been using it for a while now about 2 days a week with other veg and plant material being offered for the other days and my guys love it!!!!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. BigS06

BigS06 Member

I know this is a bit of an old post but I'd like to say I'm currently using this product for my hermanns tortoises. I got the grassland tortoise blend and watered it down and mixed it with an equal amount of mazuri tortoise diet. I added some chopped and dried plants, mixed it all up and basically made 'em into wafers. I dreid it in the oven at low temp and now I feel like I have something solid to fall back on if I was ever unable to grow their food. I use it about 50/50 with their regular diet of weeds and they seem to love it!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. virala

virala Embryo

I hate to say but on another tortoise forum dried tortoise food was said to have a lot of protein in it which can cause a very lumpy shell ,pyrimiding (spelling), hermanns are best of with fresh dandelion leaves ect ect. But as for kingkier Im not really sure wether the food is good for your tortoises because it all depends on what species they are. Omnivorous tortoises like box turtles can eat it though. I think. Hope I helped!