Transporting Corn Snake

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by Br0k3Nd0LL, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Br0k3Nd0LL

Br0k3Nd0LL Embryo

My husband and I are moving to Wyoming and we're going to be driving there. It's going to take around 22 hours to get there. I've bought my snake a plastic carrier (specifically made to transport reptiles), but is there anything special I should do to make my snake more comfortable during the long drive?? Should I put his heating pad under one side like I have for his terrarium?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

i would just keep him in your coat and try to keep the temps around 80 in the car.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. jayhawkbruce

jayhawkbruce Member

I would recommend very strongly AGAINST "just keep(ing) him in your coat". Also, 80 in the car would be ridiculously hot for you and your husband. You have got it right with the plan that you already have. Don't worry about offering a heat source, just keep him in the middle of the car in the plastic container that you have. I would put him in the middle of the car to prevent large fluctuations in temperature every time you open any of the doors to the vehicle. I can promise you that he'll do fine and will be no worse for the wear. I WOULD recommend that you stop feeding about 2 weeks prior to leaving to ensure that his stomach is empty to prevent any type of regurgitation while traveling. Best of luck.