trip to the vet

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by gypsy521, Jan 20, 2005.

1. gypsy521

gypsy521 Embryo

hey everybody,
    Sala is doing much better, eating an amazing amount of greens and some veggies. She loves strawberries as a treat. Altough she's improved since i've had her, i'm still worried about her. I'm taking her to the vet on Monday and i was wondering what the best way to transport her woud be. I was going to put her in a large cat carrier with some strawberries to calm her (she's about 20 inches from snout to tail). Is that a good way to reduce her stress? I was also wondering about heat. It's getting down into the 20s and obviously i'll have the heat on in the car, but is that enough for her or should i use another heat source as well?
    thanks

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

We use cat/dog carriers for ours. I wouldn't put any food in with her, chances are she wouldn't eat it. It is kind of stressful being tranported around when they're not used to it. Let the car warm up some so it's not too chilly in there and wrap the carrier with a big towel or small blanket. Anything to keep the wind from hitting her directly. Plus blocking her view will reduce stress also. You could also put a towel on the bottom of the cage to give her a less slippery flooring. As long as she's not directly in the wind and just outside long enough to get from the car to the building, I wouldn't worry too much about her. She should be fine.