Two geckos badly treated large aggressive

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by DevintheReptileWhisperer, Jul 29, 2014.

1. DevintheReptileWhisperer

DevintheReptileWhisperer New Member

Hey guys, I need some help, I got these two geckos from a family. That was moving away and they took really bad care of thm, but I need some help telling if they are giant or not, they said they were about four inches two years ago and now there about 9
    One is very lankey and the other is very filled out, the bigger one I named banana and the other one is flash, banana did the number in my finger, I will send pics please respond!!!

Attached Files:

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. geckolover22

geckolover22 Well-Known Member

Hello! Many people would not consider geckos "Giants" without knowledge of lineage. They must come from known Giants that can be traced back to original bloodline Giants. There still is a huge debate about all that.
    Are yours female or male? Average leopard gecko length for females: 7-8inches and males:8-10inches.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. naykid

naykid Member

You would also need to know the weight of the geckos when they were 1 year old.......giant geckos are +80 grams@1 year reaching +140 grams at adulthood.....i wouldn't consider them giants unless they are +120 grams.....my normal big male is 110 grams....not a giant, just a big boy. P.S. he was 78 grams@1 year of age.