Two headed beardie named Seemore

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by psychedelicdragons.com, Aug 23, 2012.

1. psychedelicdragons.com

psychedelicdragons.com New Member

P1010555 (640x469).jpg This is my pride and joy Seemore, the pic is of him just after hatching. He's a two headed italian leatherback with some sandfire in him. He is almost six weeks old and loves meal worms as they are one of the few insects smaller and slower than him. My only gripe is when I parade him around some of the more religiously diluted seem to think he's evil or some such nonsense. I dont know, looking for opinions is Seemore a miracle or the herald of the end of days? Not to influence your decisions but Seemore is currently set up in my bedroom for close observation and I have'nt seen eighther of its heads spin around in a circle and it takes more naps than I would think a hell deamon would.

Attached Files:

StikyPaws312 and ajlista like this.
  2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. ajlista

ajlista Well-Known Member

Wow, personally i dont much about beardies but this is truely awesome. He is actually very cute. I have seen videos of two headed beardies on youtube and such. I would for sure not say hes some spawn of the demon or anything just some sort of gene mutation something that went wrong (Or extremely right) during his evolving in the egg. I mean you say hes eating well and living well? I just think thats fantastic. He can live just as a fufilling life probably as a normal one headed beardie.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

wow! I have only seen a few other beardies that were hatched with two heads, and they were all incredible in their own way! I would say that you have been given a gift from God not a demon! Do they both have names? I would think that since they are both living creatures with individual brains, they would both deserve a name! Also, I would watch that the head on the right doesn't get scratched up by the right claw!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Aw, such a cute little guy! (guys? Lol). Just out of curiosity, does he have a dominant head? And does he eat with both of them?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Larissa

Larissa Embryo

Polycephaly (having more than one head) is generally caused by partial separation into conjoined twins.
    Its a developmental thing. The egg egan splitting into 2 but didnt fully split into 2 separate organisms. :)

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. lisa owens

lisa owens Well-Known Member

he is cute and very unique have you took him to a vet to make sure everything else is ok? i am sure everything is fine since he is eating good and all i am just the protective sort i guess. he is darling and the thing is if it was me i would look at them and ask them if they thought conjoined twins were evil just because of the way they were born. you should never judge a book by its cover as they say.