unable to use reptilerooms?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Questions' started by Blake_Herman, May 30, 2007.

1. Blake_Herman

Blake_Herman Well-Known Member

I've been having a lot of trouble lately with this site, and still am now. Just to go to this web address, go to the site feedback section, and post this, has taken 9 minutes... That seems like a really long time to me...

It's just gotten to the point where I can't come in and check posts because it would take me literally hours just to get through my sections... I decided to post it here in case other users were experiencing similar problems...

Not sure what can be done, I'm guessing maybe there's just too much traffic? Other websites seem to do fine with my internet connection... The only other one I've been having some trouble with is the kingsnake classifieds, but again, that's another high-traffic site...

Thanks,

Blake

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Tux

Tux Well-Known Member

Considering how fast the sites been running for me lately it's not the amount of traffic. Anyone else having that issue?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

It's been working fine for me.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. 00luke00

Infact if anything, it's faster nowadays than it's ever been for me lol.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Blake_Herman

well, I'm not sure what's going on... I'm on the computers here at school and things are moving quickly, but at home it's still a no-go... thanks.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. croc_gator_rebeccak3

croc_gator_rebeccak3 Well-Known Member

sorry to barge in, but I agree with Blake_Herman on this one... My internet connection only seems to have trouble when accessing this website

Blake_Herman do you have a Dell? What type of internet connection are you using? I am using Local Area Connection with Wireless Connection. AVG Free Adition control center (it involves internet websites being safe.)

ONe question though.... Do you Defrag your computer?... it runs a whole faster when i defrag mine. when i dont defrag for the longest time my computer runs slow on those forum websites. May be that is your problem?....

12. 00luke00

I find that my connection slows down a little when im on wireless, but this is usually due to signal strength, and nothing with the site.

13. Tux

Tux Well-Known Member

not only is it due to signal strength but also wirelesses ability to carry data is alot lower then cat5/6. It's gotta be on yalls end because many of us are obviously getting to the site fine.

14. Rees2

Rees2 New Member

my coputer is slow when i go on to post topics and forums it was usly fast I wonder why :roll: .

15. Blake_Herman

why yes I do have a dell... :D it's working MUCH better today (for the first time since I posted this thread), but I can only hope it stays working like this...

16. croc_gator_rebeccak3

yah, I LOVE dells... we ordered a comput. at GateWay once, their service was a thumbs down... way down!

17. Rees2

Rees2 New Member

yeah we have dell its way better and faster than are gateway2000 this is what i think.

18. Tux

Tux Well-Known Member

Dells suck IMO, if they dont have the parts to build a specific model they just substitute a near match without telling you and their laptop shells are cheap garbage. I build my own if I need another. Really most stock comps aren't great.

19. croc_gator_rebeccak3

Well, i would have to agree with "really most stock comps aren't great"... i guess some brands people can live with while others get ripped off. You can't really trust people about perfect service when there is nothing that "perfect" about service...

So techniquely i have to be neutral on this one, My cousin got a gateway... perfect computer in the world... i get one... sucks for me. :)

20. Tux

Tux Well-Known Member

gateway has never been a good name really, the only way to gurantee you don't get ripped is to research the parts and build your own.

21. croc_gator_rebeccak3

Exactly! Sorry if i confused you, i am not the computer genis in the family. :-D