Update on Robin.

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by Jadelizard, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Jadelizard

Jadelizard Member

Sorry I didn’t update before now,

Robin has finally started to pick up. I bought some acidophiz for her and she’s now starting to eat again. For a while I thought she might actually be gravid despite what the vet said because I could feel a couple of small lumps in her sides and when I made up an “egg box” for her she dug around and then visited it again the next day. But, now the lumps are gone so I’m not really sure what that was about.

Just as a precaution I’m keeping the egg box in her cage and am giving her a little extra calcium but I’d doubt she’s gravid.

In fact, as far as I can tell the only thing I have to worry about at present is the hat the cat has started to curl up with Robin again on her heat pad. Robin doesn’t care and it’s actually really cute to see them laying on top of each other, I just have to make sure Robin doesn’t bite Binx (the cat)

Well, that’s all for now. Thanks for all the suggestions and concerns.
    Jadelizard

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Eirecorcaigh

Eirecorcaigh Well-Known Member

That Acidophiliz+ is great stuff! I've used it for a few of my leopard geckos, and it really does perk up their appetite. I seem to be having pretty much the same issue as you with one of my geckos now! Although, in this case the vet acutally does think she's gravid.

I'm glad she's perking up, that's definitely good news! Keep doing what you're doing along with the extra calcium (it can't hurt) and the Acidophiliz+.