Update! (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by StikyPaws312, Jan 25, 2011.

1. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

So... I've gone to make this post about 5 times over the past year and each time I've either been too lazy to finish it or had severe camera problems, lol. So, now... without further adeau here is my Rhac family :)

Here is my 1st Chahoua, he's the only one I am finding "difficult"... he is VERY skitish and would rather take a flying leap than to stay in one place... and I have not been able to beef him up at all... very odd. I got him (or her) from Dreamtime geckos in Maryland from Steve Cemelli line (Leapin Leachies) and he's pure Pine Island. Here's Ducky :)

[​IMG]
    And here's where he resides :)
    [​IMG]
    (he's also the one in my "caption contest" photo)

Here's my second Chahoua, he's from TJ Geckos, also Steve Cemelli line... also a PI. This is Spike: (1st 3 pics show the difference a month can make in how their patterns and colors really change when they are hatchlings)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And this is where he spends his time...
    [​IMG]

And this is my 3rd Chahoua, he's from Chris at Gex-Co, also a PI. He is the most friendly loving little guy ever :) I'm hoping he or she turns out to be a girl... in that case her name will be Cera :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And here's the little nano tank I just got, I love it! And I think he does too :)
    [​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Update Post Part 2 since I couldn't upload that many photos... lol.

Onto my other Rhacs... I have a cute little Garg named Petrie (although I'm pretty sure she's a girl... that's ok, Petrie can be a girl name too, lol)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And here's her tank...
    [​IMG]

And here is... Potato Salad :) Lol, I had just come from a great pet shop by me and I had him in a deli cup in a brown paper bag.... well my friend looked in the bag and thought it was potato salad... hence the name, lol. He's just a cute little crestie I picked up from a local shop :)
    [​IMG]
    Fired up... [​IMG]
    Here's the tank I made for him:
    [​IMG]

Anyway, those are all of my rhacs for right now... I just went to the NY reptile show this past weekend and I seriously wanted to buy this BEAUTIFUL pair of Main Land Chahoua but they were $1,800.... OUCH! So for now, this is my little Rhac family :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Spyral

Spyral Embryo

Great pics of your collection! :)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Awesome photos Lauren! I'm really diggin the chewies = ) You just don't see to many of those guys floating around

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

im suprised you dont have at least one of every rhac lol and your chewies look just like baby leachies, very cute

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Lol I <3 my rhacs :) Leachies are a bit expensive for just a pet so I'm not sure if I'm going to jump in and get one any time soon... In a couple years I'd like to breed my chahoua but we'll see :) They're so darn cute! Lol

12. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Ok so it's been quite a while and my chewies have really come into their colors... unfortunately it took a hurricane and me evacuating to rile them up enough to see them FINALLY fired up, lol. I wanted to keep it on this thread so you can see the difference a year makes... lol. 1st things 1st... Ducky's name has been changed to Cera because he, is actually a she yay! :) Still skittish as ever but WOW did she turn out to be RED! (the 1st chahoua in the pics in the 1st post IS this little red gal, I promise! lol)

I had my chewies (and all my other herps) in their "gecko-to-go" containers for the evac and seriously had no idea which chewie was which because they both looked so different. Unfortunately my youngest chahoua passed away because of the heat this summer. I was heartbroken over it for a while and didn't want to post anything as a reminder :( RIP friendliest little baby chahoua ever :(

Oh a brighter note, my little Spike has really just become an adorable little begger of a chewie! He sits in the front of his tank and stares at me until I bring him a new deli-cup of food! I think he actually has me trained... not good! Lol.

Anyway, here are the pics of my little ones :)
    The newly named Cera... who is almost a year and a half old, still having difficulty packing on the ounces but she's gotten a lot better
    [​IMG]

And here is little Spike who is just under a year and a half :)
    [​IMG]

And here's the little porker just crowding his bowl the minute I put it in there and chowing down:
    [​IMG]

яowan.ω, JEFFREH and Cammy like this.
  13. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

sorry to hear about the little chahoua. The others look great though! not trying to be nosey but how much did your chahouas cost? The little guys are just soooo cute!

14. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Thank you :) I love my little guys, they're so cute :)
    ... but expensive! Lol, they were all on or around $300 each

15. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

Yikes! Thats a lot for a gecko! you could get a nice GTP for that kind of money! well they do look like they are nice (spoiled) geckos lol!

16. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

They're so cute Lauren! So beautiful too, I've not seen a chewie get as red as Cera there! = )