urgent health issues section

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Questions' started by Mikey624, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Mikey624

Mikey624 New Member

i think it would be a good idea to have a urgent health issues forum. it could help save lives??

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

well its easy to post on a certain species so if there is a Bearded Dragon Problem then you do it there and then if you have a Boa Problem then you do it there much easier

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Mikey624

Mikey624 New Member

i dont know maybe it will bring more attention to problems. and for the people who are well rounded with species they could help too. overall i think it would bring more attention to important issues some1 might have.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

I can see why it could be a good idea, but my fear would be that a lot of newbies wouold post there because they just got thier gecko home yesterday and its not eating ect. We would have a forum full of people who just don't know the basics yet, and people would get kinda fed up with that. I think that you probably get faster more accurate information in the specific forum.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Mikey624

Mikey624 New Member

but you wouldnt have to answer them?..

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

then what is the point of having the forum? in addition, such a forum would promote double posting. People would post "HELP SICK BEARDIE" in the health forum and in the beardie forum. I am not trashing your idea, I think it is a really good idea, I just wonder whether or not it would be misused and therefore become useless.

12. Mikey624

Mikey624 New Member

i dono then maybe have a genral help forum?

13. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

Lots easier if you just post in the species specific forum. And good thread titles are a must. I think you would get a faster response, say if you have a sick beardie, and post in the beardie forum, than say post in the health forum, where there may be nobody hanging around.

14. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

There's already many different species-specific forums, so I really don't see much of a need for this.

If it's ever that urgent, chances are you'd need to get straight to a vet anyway. :)

15. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

True a vet is always the best option (a reptile vet that is)