URGENT!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by mohikan22, Jun 29, 2005.

1. mohikan22

mohikan22 New Member

BOTH heat lamps went out last night on myu ig this morning she was SOOO still i almost died myself. luckily she is alive but i need to warm her fast ideas pls!!!!! i ave stuck her uva/b bulb on put a towel on her and keeping her awake. until my partner arrives with new bulbs..

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Rickiii

Rickiii New Member

Not sure how cold it was, but how about:

- holding her next to your body
    - heating pad (not to warm)
    - regular inside house warmth
    - bathtub with some warm water

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. mohikan22

mohikan22 New Member

she was dead
    BUT she is alive and well now/ deffo no breathing for over a minute or heart beat :{ scared the s*** out of me. but after i changed the lamp and put a towel on her rubbed her chest vigourously she came back thank god.!!!
    not sure when she went but shes ok now folks. shes running round all ok eating as well.
    thx anyhows

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. wreckwriter

wreckwriter Member

A couple spare lamps is standard for me since the reliability is not great on these things. Obviously that doesn't help if they go out while you're sleeping or away. How about using a ceramic instead of one lamp? Ceramics are much longer lasting.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. mohikan22

mohikan22 New Member

i do keep spare bulbs but the one i had was cracked along the base :D but ill look into a ceramic.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. wreckwriter

wreckwriter Member

Yea, the quality control on bulbs is far from great. My pet store tests them for me when I buy them.

12. Laika

Laika New Member

God.. that would scare the hell outta me! Your very lucky to bring your iggi back to life!

My leo gecko at the moment plays tricks on me all the time.. sometimes when i look in on her she must think "quick quick hold my breath".. so i watch her... then start to panick... then she lets out her breath and giggles.. well she doesnt giggle.. but i bet she is!

13. mohikan22

mohikan22 New Member

:)
    well if she ever does it again to me i may make it permanenet!!! j/k :) but yup scared the ***t outtah me :lol: