Uro breeding???

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by Mooney4, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Mooney4

Mooney4 Embryo

My Uros just laid 10 eggs last night. I dont know what to do to take care of them. I need info now!!!! If anyone can help, It would be great.

Thanks Mooney

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. CricketFood

CricketFood New Member

Google your species and use other key words like eggs, incubation, hatchlings, breeding, and gravid to find the info you need. Different species incubate at different temps, so w/o knowing what you have, we can't help you with temps and humidity. For an incubator, I like Hovabator. They are cheap and work really well. Set the eggs up (burried half way) in a container using moist vermiculite or periolite. Be sure not to rotate the eggs from the position you found them in. Be sure to let the Hovabator regulate it's temps for a good 12 to 24 hours before placing the eggs inside. Honestly, you should have been prepared for this before she laid eggs. All you can do in the meantime is set up the egg tray and keep them at room temperature. Do not try to heat them by any means other than a incubator. A steady low temps for a day or two is better and safer than having unregulated temps bouncing all over the place and possibly getting to hot, which can kill the embyro... Good Luck!

Ronnie