uro care

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by ty16, Mar 6, 2004.

1. ty16

ty16 New Member

im thinking about getting a uromastyx and was wondering where i might find some good info on care and houseing and stuff.
    thanks,
    ty

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Did you have any thoughts about which species of Uromastyx you wanted? There are many different kinds :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Pat

Pat New Member

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. ty16

ty16 New Member

well, i still have quite a bit of reading and researching to do before i even start setting up to get one. but if any one has a recomendation on a good/favorite type of uromastyx please post it

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. lacerta

lacerta Member

I too have been interested in uros. There is a very good overview of the different species available on the following website:

http://www.deerfernfarms.com

Good gallery of pictures and the uniques differences and requirements of each commonly available species. Good luck. George

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. DCbeard

DCbeard Embryo

That is a good sight for Uromastyx "deerfernfarms" , i just bought a Ornate Uro. at the Pet Expo this weekend and am still unsure of the substrate.........all i ever see them in is sand, but have mine in the crushed walnut shell............he did seem when to lick a bit up, with licking everything else in his new environment, but i hear how its much better and easier to burrow in also.
    Went looking to get my beardie a buddy, and stuff for my gecko and couldnt pass this guy up, i was even able to haggle the price down 50$.

12. Raziel

Raziel Member

I Find Malis Are Best.

13. P8ntballpete

P8ntballpete New Member

Remove the crushed walnut shells immediately because f they are swallowed they can rip apart your uros digestive system and cause death. Put in finch seed or sorghum bird seed as a substrate. If the uros accisentally digest this it will pass through them like regular food and some uros even snack on it between feedings. Lose the walnut shells PRONTO!!

14. Sparticus

Sparticus Embryo

I fell in love with my pet stores Mali Uromatix. They where full grown and awesome.