Uro growth

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by bodom85, Jan 26, 2007.

1. bodom85

bodom85 Member

Like RobertII, i too plan on getting a uro soon. hopefully in feb at the hamburg pa reptile show. I have been doing tons of research, both in the past week and a few months ago when i wanted one and couldnt find one locally. How fast do they grow? i heard they have a pretty slow growth rate. I only ask because if i get one next month, he will hopefully be a baby or slightly older and staying in a 3 x 2 x 1.5 encloser i have set up until i can build a bigger one. Seeing as how im not a carpenter and it may take me a good month, maybe 2 to get the supplies to build it.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. serzlee

serzlee Embryo

i have 2 uros for a year and to be honest i havent noticed an incredable amount of growth from them.Obviously they have grown from what they were but not a huge amount.I think the size you have specified should be fine for one until you can get the bigger one built :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. bodom85

bodom85 Member

Ok cool thanks. i may be picking one up next month at a local reptile show here in PA.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. UroTamer

UroTamer Embryo

Actally you could even keep 2 in that size tank till older. Recommended size is 4 times it's length long, and 2 times is't length wide. SO that is a good size for even one adult. I have 2 in a 4 x 4 x 2 and they are fine. I use layers so there is depth and climbing areas.