Uromastx bathroom

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by Wrinkles, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Wrinkles

Wrinkles Embryo

Hello all, this might sound crazy but we have had our Mali Uro for three years now and for the past year EVERY time we pick her up she goes to the bathroom. It is very gross and my son doesn't even want to hold her any more. Is there anything we can do to "get along better"?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Janice

Janice Embryo

I read this yesterday, and no one has answered you yet? I don't have a uromastyx, but I do have a ball python that used to do this quite often when when I would handle her. The only thing I can suggest is where a towel, and hope she gets over it. I'm just wondering if she is doing it on purpose, not wanting to be handled? Like a snakes snapping when you take it out? Maybe if you handle her anyways, and not make a big deal out of it, she will stop.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. mandatorychaos

mandatorychaos Embryo

It might get a better response in the Uromastyx forum.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. ArchimedesArtifex

ArchimedesArtifex Embryo

It could be one or two things. If you have a recent clean bill of health from a vet, then I would say it's a defense mechanism. Trying to make itself smeel of feces so you won't bother it. If this is so then some regular calm handling should calm it down.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Wrinkles

Wrinkles Embryo

Thanks for the reply. I think it is definitely a "don't handle me" response. I think the towel idea is a must and I will also try the Uro forum to see if there might be some more help there.