uromastyx

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by bearded_dragon_man, Jun 30, 2006.

1. bearded_dragon_man

bearded_dragon_man Member

what is a uromastyx? i have heard of them before but never really know any thing about like are they omnivorses or herpivores?

-Spencer

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. bearded_dragon_man

do you know of any candain uro breeders?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

no, I haven't heard of any. I am sure there are some. If you go to the ontario reptile show, they sometimes have some there (although I didn't see any at the last show in June). I have seen them at pet stores sometimes too, but they have been very malnurished and sickly. Not to mention the price (I have seen some uros at the pet store for like 300 dollars).
    Keep in mind with a uro though, these are not simple reptiles. They need a large cage (40g min, but a 50-75 is best) and their food is quite expensive (I easily spend 10 bucks a week on food for my uro). Their lighting is also quite complicated. They need a very very hot basking spot (110-130) and UV lighting. Just stuff to keep in mind before you decide to get one. They are really great lizards though, they can be pretty grumpy, but some do allow you to handle them. Just watch out for the spikey tail! ;)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. bearded_dragon_man

i have 55 at the moment just in wait and im planning on moving to ottawa i wont get it for atleast 3 weeks then i have to try and find a breeder in canada soo it will take me a while and i sp-ent and 5 days just reading up on them so i no alot about them seeing as its SUMMER VACATION!!!!!!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

Not to be mean or anything, but if you just spent the last 5 days reading up on them, then why did you start this post by saying that you know nothign about them?

12. bearded_dragon_man

RE: Re: uromastyx

i did to try and get some more info on them

13. bearded_dragon_man

RE: Re: uromastyx

more people come when you say you now nothing then if you say that i a little more advise