USPS Shipping

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by jenkznza, Jan 25, 2005.

1. jenkznza

jenkznza Embryo

I was just wondering how many folks here use USPS Express Mail to ship reptiles. I know they won't ship snakes which is limiting, but I've used them with great success rate. I've never lost a reptile shipment with them!

We used USPS to ship all of our worms until we sold our business last year. Out of the 500+ shipments we sent out last year only eight arrived dead. I think that is pretty good. Especially when you consider that they were shipped without a styrofoam lining.

Also most have probably noticed the DHL truck at the old post office. I'm sure that many of our shipments were carried from point A to point B by this currier so why pay the extra expense?

Just wonderin.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

United Parcel Service (UPS) is the only one that I have used for shipping snakes and I have never had any problems.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. jenkznza

jenkznza Embryo

I talked with a few reptile dealers and found out something pretty interesting. My dealers had the same idea the USPS as DHL was acting as their carrier. Come to find out that DHL rejects any USPS shipment which contains live animals. Now DHL has contracts with several breeders to ship their reptiles and insects, but they won't take them from the USPS. This being the case shipping takes two days even though Express Mail is used.