UVB lighting.

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by sadsapysucker, Jan 18, 2006.

1. sadsapysucker

sadsapysucker New Member

i have had my iguana for six months now and it's time to get a new UVB bulb. i have a zoomed iguana light 5.0...but someone said a reptisun 5.0 uvb is a good one to buy but this is what the description says about it.

Use with lizards (other than iguanas), to help prevent bone problems, as well as turtles and tortoises to improve shell growth. Increases appetite, activity and breeding.

it says use with lizards other than iguanas so then the reptisun 5.0 isn't a good one to buy....i should just stick with the zoomed iguana light 5.0 this is what i used when he had scoliosis from not having proper light at all and now he's cured! please help. the zoomed iguana light 5.0 is probably the better choice??

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. mohikan22

mohikan22 New Member

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. ravlechah

ravlechah Embryo

i talked to some people recently and they all said that the best bulbs were 'powersun' and 'mercury vapor' some people preffered one to another but they are both between thirty and forty dollars depending on where u look, i thought this was crazy but they are suppose to be alot stronger and last alot longer... well i hope u find what u need

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. sadsapysucker

sadsapysucker New Member

thanks for your help!