UVB MV

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by RinkRat33, Mar 12, 2006.

1. RinkRat33

RinkRat33 New Member

Just wondering what the most common/ best light source is for the Uro. Right now i have a heat lamp and a UV lamp (flourescent tube type) and when i was looking for lighting to get for my new beardie i read about the MV lights and wondered if anyone had ever used them for Uros before? Thanks

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Reptodude

Reptodude New Member

MVB's are great. As long as they are on a fixed light fixture, then it wont burn out easily. They produce lots of UVB and heat. Perfect for a Uro. They can be expensive ($50), but are well worth the cost.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. RinkRat33

RinkRat33 New Member

Awesome, thanks for the input......are they okay to use in on a wire mesh screen over a wood eclosure?? If so, then that's what i'll get!!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Reptodude

Reptodude New Member

Well just make sure you never move the fixture the light bulb is in. Do mess with it a lot of it will burn out faster. If you dont mess with the bulb then it'll be fine. They generally dont work that well on top of aquariums because you have to remove the MVB to much in order to open the tank.

I didnt understand the mesh screen over a wood enclosure part. please explain more

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. RinkRat33

RinkRat33 New Member

Custom enclosure, it won't need to be moved at all. It's a wood sided encloser with a front plexi slider door and wire mesh on the top of the tank. Thanks for your help and sorry for the confusion.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Fearl3ss465

Fearl3ss465 Member

What are some good MVB's?