UVB Question.

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by itStevens, Jul 1, 2012.

1. itStevens

itStevens New Member

How long can one of my bearded dragons go without a UVB bulb. One of mine burned out super early(I just got it 3 weeks ago) and I'm getting a new one sent but I just wanted to know how long she could go without any ill effects. She's still just a baby/VERY YOUNG juvie for those of you who don't know.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

You should be fine without one until the new one arrives, BUT I would try to get it as soon as you can. You really don't see any affects until maybe two or three weeks, but that doesn't mean that there isn't anything wrong on the inside. Without a UVB the bones will start to deteriorate and get weak. I would just make sure to get a new one as fast as you can, just to be on the safe side.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

This just happened to my young Uromastx... the UV bulb burned out and I went to petco to get a new one.... holy dear lord it was $99... so I got it and ordered one online in the same day. I used the petco one until the one I got online came in and then I just returned the Petco one. If you have the means to do that I would suggest it, if not he or she should be ok for a week without it, more than a week might be getting a little risky...