wanting to breed

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by dudley2008, Feb 1, 2008.

1. dudley2008

dudley2008 Embryo

i am wanting to breed my saharan uro's. anyone any advice or tips? Thanx!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. TacomaAnne

TacomaAnne RR Contest Winner

You should really NOT think about breeding your Uro's until they are at least 3 - 4 years old and you should really take the advice of the others over on RepticZone.com .... You are jumping into this like Uro's are desposible pets .. THEY ARE NOT !!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. aaron157

aaron157 Member

I already told him he shouldn't do it. He is no where near ready, and a little young to start something like that. But he chose not to listen to my advice.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Riddick

Riddick New Member

...you can lead a horse to water...but you can't make it drink...

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. dudley2008

dudley2008 Embryo

y do all u guys have to talk crap on me? I have bred bearded dragons just fine and i wanted to try uro's. I already kno i most likely wont make any money on them. I just want to help make them or obtainable in my area. Im in the midwest and its pretty hard to find uro's in my area, even a mali! How am i to young? I'm 17 almost 18.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. aaron157

aaron157 Member

Uros aren't hard to come by in the mid-west. At least not in Kansas, Nebraska, Colorado, and New Mexico. I have lived in all over those states since I have been into this hobby. I never had a problem getting uromastyx, or knowing people who had them. And honestly I think 17 is to young to breed. And as I told you in my email, you don't have the proper set-ups in order to breed uros, and didn't really seem to care. Uros are nothing like dragons anyways, you put to dragons of the opposite sex together and all they do fornicate, Uromastyx won't do that. And you can't keep them all together like you are doing either, oh wait my mistake, you have one male living in a 20 gallon.

12. dudley2008

dudley2008 Embryo

Im in St. Joseph, Missouri. You can comes look around here and find out for yourself and my male is in a 40 gallon breeder until i finish my custom enclosure. Please get your facts right. pics on repticzone. y u trying to diss me neways? i did nothing to u.

13. Riddick

Riddick New Member

for 17 going on 18...you're incredibly immature...if I was interested in breeding Uros, instead of ignoring all the good advice and replies you are recieving from members who are much more experienced then you, take them with enthusiasum and be grateful that someone else would take the time to help you, improve your enclosures, care, etc. and research the hell outa breeding Uros...www.deerfernfarms.com is a good start.

Know what you are getting into before you jump into it blindfolded...if you put your Uros together to young, not only will they probably not breed because they are not living in exceptable conditions...you could risk making your female extremely unhealthy...gravid, impacted, malnourished and on and on...

If you were as interested in breeding Uros as you say you are, then you would already have excellent enclosures, invest in animals of age, or have to patience to wait until your animals are old enough and healthy enough, and already know at least bare basics of what it takes to breed Uros, but from the sounds of it, it seems like you barely know basic proper care...

Now that I'm done giving you helpful advice, which will probably be misinterperated as me just "being mean and talking crap on you" but I guess that's just the immaturity again...if you really are almost 18...I think you would have been respected a little bit more if you came here with basic facts that you already researched and asking more detailed questions...and having better grammer helps too...

oh...and for the record, I am 19 going on 20, and I wouldn't even dream of breeding ANY animals at my age. 1, because I am not financially secure enough to pay for enclosures, lighting, food, emergency vet, supplies, etc. and 2, if I am going to invest in breeding a animal, I want to do it the right way the first time. Making sure I have extremely healthy, of age, properly cared for animals so when I do breed, I can become a respected member of the breeding community, because no one likes a lazy, back yard breeder (that's a dog term, I don't know what you would call it in reptile breeding...probably just plain and simple irresponsible)...

14. dudley2008

dudley2008 Embryo

thanks so much!

15. dudley2008

dudley2008 Embryo

please check pics on repticzone.

16. dudley2008

dudley2008 Embryo

but i love how i ask a question about what i wanna do and everyine jumps on my case, not knowing anything about me. Wheres the helpful advice.

17. aaron157

aaron157 Member

I know enough about you and your intentions from our e-mails, I also gave you helpful advice, you decided to ignore it. St. Joesph has no shortage of Uromastyx or any reptile. Lets see Reptiles Galore I believe is the name, used to by a lot from an importer and breeder I worked for back in Kansas City. You even told me you were wanting indian and ebony uros because wanted breed them and sell them on kingsnake, not because you wanted to supply the mid west. Riddick, thanks for backing me.

18. aaron157

aaron157 Member

you know if you really want me to bust your balls and tell everyone why you came here instead of seeking help at repticzone I will. Anyways everyone, dudley got banned from repticzone by their moderators. Yes I get around on multiple forums as well and no you don't need to worry about who I am there. By the way, I guess everyone at repticzone had the same concerns with him and his uros as we do here. Such as you keeping 2 count them 2 uros in a 40, hence I said 20 in an earlier post since thats all the room each one is getting. I also know from our e-mail that you have very little experience with keeping uros, and have been buying them up like mad. Guess what he got the exact same advice over at repticzone from deb who is a well known uro breeder, except he went off when she didn't tell him what he wanted to here and got a ban. Your main concern needs to be the health and well being of you animals, not what you can profit off them. By the way, there really isn't any money involved in breeding uromastyx. You know I had years of experience with uromastyx before I ever considered breeding them. I also had a way to sell the offspring without having to ship them and was able to control which store they went to, due to me working for a importer and breeder that supplied most of kansas, nebraska, and missouri.

pwned

19. aaron157

aaron157 Member

you know if you really want me to bust your balls and tell everyone why you came here instead of seeking help at repticzone I will. Anyways everyone, dudley got banned from repticzone by their moderators. Yes I get around on multiple forums as well and no you don't need to worry about who I am there. By the way, I guess everyone at repticzone had the same concerns with him and his uros as we do here. Such as you keeping 2 count them 2 uros in a 40, hence I said 20 in an earlier post since thats all the room each one is getting. I also know from our e-mail that you have very little experience with keeping uros, and have been buying them up like mad. Guess what he got the exact same advice over at repticzone from deb who is a well known uro breeder, except he went off when she didn't tell him what he wanted to here and got a ban. Your main concern needs to be the health and well being of you animals, not what you can profit off them. By the way, there really isn't any money involved in breeding uromastyx. You know I had years of experience with uromastyx before I ever considered breeding them. I also had a way to sell the offspring without having to ship them and was able to control which store they went to, due to me working for a importer and breeder that supplied most of kansas, nebraska, and missouri.

pwned

20. aaron157

aaron157 Member

HEY TACOMA!!!!!!!!!! are you MissAnne2U over at repticzone???????????????

Sorry been meaning to ask you for some time.

21. dudley2008

dudley2008 Embryo

not all right but nice try. reptiles galore mostly deals with bearded dragons. I asked them bout uro's and they will order mali's or egyptian and thats about it. When did i say i wanted to sell on kingsnake? I already said i know i most likely wouldn't make money off of them and when i sell them it would be locally like reptiles galore and yes i had my pair of saharans in a 40 breeder but that was until i finished my enclosure. so please again get your facts straight.