*WARNING* RepitleCity.com fraud

Discussion in 'Feeder Forum' started by codenoid, Sep 1, 2005.

1. codenoid

codenoid Embryo

I just want to let everyone know my experience with this company.

I placed an order for 500 crickets, which they list as $8.00 including shipping, which would be a good deal; if they ever sent them to you. I waited 2 weeks after I ordered and received nothing. I called them, they said they actually had no crickets, but they were going to drop ship them from a another company. Ok, fine.

So I wait another week, and call back. They tell me the crickets should be shipped immediately. Great.

Wait another week, they claim to have shipped to the wrong address. Fine, just give me a refund. They agree to.

Wait 2 more weeks, call back, say they will refund soon. Send an email, responded that a refund was placed on my account. Checked my bank statement: no refund.

I just gave up and threw my money away, and hope to warn everyone that ReptileCity.com does not deserve your business.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. hornedfrog

hornedfrog Member

Thanks for the info. Sorry you got scammed.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. codenoid

codenoid Embryo

Its ok, its not the money, just the aggravation.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. WayKewl

WayKewl Embryo

For what it's worth, after reading positive comments about ReptileCity.com I started getting my crickets from them because of the very nice prices ($10.80 shipped for 1,000). Each order was shipped on Monday and arrived a few days later. They were always exactly what I ordered. And ordering 1,000 at a time, only a few have ever been dead (wish I believe is pretty remarkable with the heat we’ve had). Last order was received yesterday.

Considering this, I have to assume frustrating mistakes can happen but can often be resolved by involving management. You might try to ask to speak with someone in charge. (A WHOIS on the domain name lists “Willis, Felton” as the Admin Contact who might be the owner) In my experiences vendors that at one time provided bad service usually make it up to you in order to maintain your business. Certainly if it continues I would move my business. (I once called the McDonalds headquarters Executive Secretary to complain that I had rushed out of my house for a 10 min drive to get to McD’s by 10:30am in order to get breakfast just to be told at the window (at 10:25am) that they were no longer serving breakfast. I ended up with a call back from the executive offices and enough McD $’s to eat at McD for 6 months.) And I've even since been served breakfast at 10:35 since this happened.

I have been very happy with ReptileCity.com and hope they are able to resolve this issue with you. Assuming you do use them again, and it does indeed end up being a one time issue, you can’t beet their prices.

good luck