water dragon dress up?

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by goodiegodess, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StockrA

StockrA New Member

sorry i should have worded it better, what i mean is kids shouldnt be allowed to purchase any animal/reptile what ever, unless a perant/guardian is present
    also the supplier should ask a series of question's about the animal/reptile they are about to purchase, if they get every question wrong then go back home and do more reaserch on it. wouldnt you agree?

but i dont agree with them being used as some fashion doll, sorry, and one of the reasons i say she should be carfull with her little fella is because in another post she said it was a baby water dragon.

sorry goodiegodes if you think im having a dig, anyway when are you gunna show us some pic's of him??

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. wideglide

wideglide Well-Known Member

I say if one water dragon that gets dressed up occasionally and is not harmed by it leads to someone who may eventually help make life better for all herps then so be it. That's just my personal opinion, which everyone here has a right to have. :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. MAtt!123

MAtt!123 Member

I think youre taking this out of proportion ( or something like that ) Im thinking youre blaming her and her parents too much. If she says hes healthy you should trust that. i would just stop doing those things and putt it at that. Im only 11 and all of my animals are happy and healthy! And some kids take better care for their reptiles than some adults ever could! and as long as theres an adult i believe a child can own any suitable pet. this is just my opinion.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. kephy

kephy Moderator

I know a lot of kids who know more about their pets than the parents. And that's especially sad when the parents stand in the way of the animal getting the care it needs because they think they know better than the child. It's very sad indeed.

As for dressing them up, if it's not hurting or stressing the animal so be it. I certainly wouldn't call it abuse. I'm sure we've all seen people who dress up their dogs/cats/reptiles/whatever. It's a pretty common thing.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. WDlover

WDlover Embryo

Hia I'm new to the site, But I thought I'de put my thoughts in to this. I myself am only 17, but I am studying animal care at college, whith includes reptiles, we have a few WD there and I have 2 myself. Being only 17 people think you are still not able to hold the full content of responsabilities but I look after, buy every thing and do every thing for all my animals by my self with out my parents help, I have done this since i was 8 when I started getting pocket money, and have been self reliant all my life. Although I don't agree with the dressing up, but though many people may disagree with me, but the way I look at is they are like dogs and rats when it comes to dressing up, people think it is cruel and inhumane, but some enjoy it I know this because I have rats and I dress them up, and being their owner and knowing what they are like I can tell that they enjoy it. So really what I am saying is if you dress your WD up you will know if they like it or not (depending on how long you have had them) But I am very desterbed to hear you colour in his nails, even if you smell it and can't smell any thing there are still harmful fumes in them and I strongly disagree with it as the fumes that are pens are very harmful to them, if I was you I would consult a vet to see if it harmful and take the pen you use to show the vet. Although I am also very disturbed to hear that you take him in the shower, that is a very idea because the fumes from you shampoo or what ever are also harmful to WD, if you have him there make sure you take him out before you use any products and don't put him back in after you use them as the fumes are still in air.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. goodiegodess

goodiegodess Member

MAT123! is a rude, very rude do not like no no no!! Well anyways I will show you guys photos of my water dragon and you will be amazed! not to mention some sence will be knocked into your head, I have a friend who is 10 and she wants a beardie, well I think when she finally gets it that it'll die!! She is sooooooooo dumb and annoying and doesn't really pay attention so I feel sorry for the future beardie :? :shock:

12. wideglide

goodiegodess, I think you misread MATT!123's post. He is defending you.

13. goodiegodess

goodiegodess Member

oh sorry mat, uh merry christmas.......................

14. Kirstie

Kirstie New Member

i feel sorry for your water dragon

15. dragonsfire39

dragonsfire39 New Member

i think you should get some new barbies and dress them up instead. you may be stressing that poor lizard out. you may be 11 but that's no excuse to torture a defensless animal. come on now. besides, like someone else said you don't know that it doesn't mind. How's it supposed to tell yout that it hates it. go tell your parents to buy you some toys. you sound too bored.

16. Kirstie

Kirstie New Member

i agree with dragonfire why dont try that sorry i sounded mean in the last post

17. wideglide

This post was over a month old and I see no reason to bring it back to life at this point so now it's locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.