Water Dragon language

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by goodiegodess, Jun 22, 2005.

1. goodiegodess

goodiegodess Member

Water Dragons are fairly smart but do not litterally show signs like your pet dog would. But they do show body language, such in a way where we people get the idea of what there trying to express to us. Like when they tend get :x scwirmy in are hands and want to go some where it might mean that they're boredand want to go to they're cage or tank. Another thing they do alot to show us what they want from us is, ^_^ bite us meaning that they are mad at us. One other they express they're feelings is when you give them they're food, if you've give them live cricket like I do then when your Water Dragon is about to munch down a cricket what he'll do is lean his head down and look like he's doing something evil :twisted: and "[boom]" he eats it. They're are many, many ways your pet reptile can show what he or she wants this is just three of the many ways. Please compliment me please, please!!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. wizzer

wizzer New Member

my 1st ever water dragon used to sit on my head and watch tv with me. then run up the cirtians and hide behind all my toys:p he was great fun

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. StockrA

StockrA New Member

mine's a baby 6 month's, and i cant beleve how tame he is with me, he wont hide or run from me.
    if i put my hand in the tank, and call him he will run up my hand, he take's cricket's ect ect from my hand.
    wen he's out ov his cage he just chills on my shoulder.
    lol and just now he was attacking the mouse pointer on the monitor

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. chucky

chucky New Member

i have 3 water dragons and you're right, they have amazing personalities, my male taps on the glas with his foot when he wants to come out, snuggles his head under my chin when he wants cuddles, and all 3 sit and watch the telly with us, the eldest female soon tells you when she wants to be left alone and the youngest pretends to want to come out but then enjoys running round the room. Although all 3 have never bitten. Wouldn't be without them.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. StockrA

StockrA New Member

[Q]chucky said,
    my male taps on the glas with his foot when he wants to come out[/Q]

wen i first got him, he was rubing his nose and feet on the glass, so i slid open the door, he sort'a tilted his head to the side, and jumped on the side, then onto my computer desk, but ever since i opend it for him, he's never jumped or rubed his nose at the glass, he just come's close and like u say he scratches the glass, as if to say "Oi, i wanna come out now"

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. goodiegodess

goodiegodess Member

Sorry I haven't been on reptile rooms for a very long time. But I'm back, and ready for action!! HA HA HA anyway Sticth will be one on Feb.5 on a sunday after my Birthday I will be twelve years old, he still really wittle. He my baby he is a BIG BOY although he still likes to poop and pee on me but thats all right as long as I wash my hands. I have a cold right now so I am not going to middle school today lucky me HEE HEE HEE, bye.