water dragon stressed out please help

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by waterdragonbreeder, Nov 1, 2004.

1. waterdragonbreeder

waterdragonbreeder New Member

my water dragon has lately been running around near the side of the glass and she's also been squeezing herself onto the side of the tree(i have my tree pushed up against the glass to save room) is this a sign of a stressed out water dragon if it is how can i stop it 8)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. dianedfisher

dianedfisher New Member

CWD get stressed from most types of change. If you have introduced her to a new enclosure (or changed her current enclosure) she will need a few days to adjust. The introduction of new members to her environment (a dog, cat, grandchild, guests and visitors) can upset her, too. If her humidity, lighting and temps are all O.K. just make sure she has a "hide" somewhere (sounds like the tree to me!) and leave her alone for a few days to adjust. No handling except to feed until she decides to be more friendly. When I Grand dragon sat for my daughter's CWD (age:3) I put her in the cage with my CWD who was only 9 months old. It jumped in the pool and didn't come out until my daughter got back from vacation and took her's home. It still does that on occassion if the kids come over or we have to grand dog sit the Great Dane! Just give her a few days! :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. waterdragonbreeder

waterdragonbreeder New Member

thanks for the advice i will try that