Water Dragon

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by LizardGuy1313, Oct 6, 2002.

1. LizardGuy1313

LizardGuy1313 New Member

:(:D I got my first Asian Water dragon today! He is SOOOO cool. He's missin most of his tail from unknown causes. I don't know why because he is a rescue. Anyway, i'll have some piccies as soon as posible.:eek:

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Nice, can't wait for the piccies :)

And good job choosing to help a rescue rather than getting a young one from a pet store. Always makes me smile to see there's people looking out for those needy reptiles :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. LizardGuy1313

LizardGuy1313 New Member

Uh, are Asian Water Dragon's normally picky eaters (or not eating at all)? I need to know if it's a normal thing or not. :)
    Please Gimme some replies.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

I have no idea man. I'll ask around and see if I can find any info. Hopefully somebody here will be able to respond to this thread and be a lil more useful than me on this one :)

How long have you had the guy? Only a day or two... he might just be stressed from the move. Whenever we get new guys (of pretty much any species) we give 'em a couple of days and totally leave them alone to let 'em settle in.

THEN we try to feed 'em. Sometimes we'll throw in a cricket or two on the first just to see if they're biting, cuz some animals don't stress out too bad with a change of home & environment. If they are, cool, if not, we leave 'em.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. LizardGuy1313

LizardGuy1313 New Member

Ok, we've been handling him a little bit, but we'll stop and leave em for a couple days. Then if he's still not eating, i'll get kinda worried. Hes is very thin at the moment, that is why we are trying so hard to feed him. But, he will be left alone for a couple day's. Thanx for the info man, it helps a whole lot!:)

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. phlat

phlat Embryo

May I suggest the following link: http://www.icomm.ca/dragon/ this is a great web site for water dragon info. I am preparing to purchase an Aussie water dragon. It will be a while before I get it because I have to purchase the materials for its living quaters.

12. venus

venus Embryo

He may be stressed and just needs to get adjusted a little. I have a water dragon I rescued and he is eating crickets, mealworms and veggies. Just give him some time.