water dragons

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by ttimes, May 3, 2010.

1. ttimes

ttimes Embryo

hi i am new here and i have a water dragon for a year now and he was playen in his tank and i got up and looked at him and his back legs where on his tail so i moved them off there and he still isnt usen them. so i took him to the vet and told them they said that he isnt getting enough vitamins so they gave him the shots to start the process and gave me some med to give him. but now he is haven ceizures and i dont know what to do. Does anybody know what i should do??????????

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. sophie

sophie New Member

HELLO, if your water dragon cant move his back legs he might have impaction.like a lump of sand,crickets,mealworms or a big hard poop stuck in his intestines. there might even be a slightly raised lump on his back. What i do is i put my dragon in warms water an VERY gently massage his belly.eg,put 1 or 2 fingers under his belly and move in a curcullar movement.do this for about 1-2 minutes.it may help inmduce a bowel movement.as i was massaging my dragons stomach i felt his stomach muscles go hard and soft a few times (contractions)and he strained a bit and popped out huge poop!.
    if it is something bigger it may have to be surgically removed.offer him plenty of water,take out hiding places and raise the basking temperature to about 32 degrees plus (no higher than 45) and try not to feed him for 2-3 days or feed him a small slimy worm.this is just what i do if my dragon is impacted.
    u should also dust food with calcium and vitamin supplement and get a light that has uvb and uva if you dont have any of these.
    hope this helps.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Hoyle00cdn

Hoyle00cdn Embryo

if reptilegal is right about impaction, see if he'll eat silk worms. They are soft, naturally rich in calcium, and easy to pass through the digestive track.