Watering questions

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by debokilatr, Jun 8, 2005.

1. whitey4311

whitey4311 Member

I wouldnt go so far to conclude from your experience that ficus is toxic. Look around since it is the most common used plant be a long shot. It is as common as it gets and the worst that could happen is sap might get into his eye from a leaf after bitting it, this has never happened to me but I guess in theory it could. SOunds liek you have some other problems going on. Describe your set up and post some pics.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. LadyCham

LadyCham New Member

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. debokilatr

debokilatr New Member

One more question :) There are soo many supplements out there that are encouraged and sold, I ask anyone out there who can to post what they use personally, is all that it boils down to is D3 (going to be kept indoors most of the time) and calcium (in addition to a good gutload for feeders)? I plan on getting basically everything but the plants and cham itself from lllreptile.com, anything specifically sold there that someone could recommend?
    Thanks huge

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. whitey4311

whitey4311 Member

Kammerflage creations sells and uses the following 3 items which I bought from them at a good price. Their shipping is too high so shop around but this seems to work great.

Rep-Cal Herptivite (multivitamin with beta-carotene) - Mondays and Thursdays
    Rep-Cal Calcium (calcium with vitamin D3) - Tuesdays and Fridays
    Sticky Tongue Farms Miner-All (calcium with essential trace minerals) - Wednesdays and Saturdays

We alternate use between these three products. The babies, juveniles and egg-laying females receive vitamin products twice a week and calcium four days a week. Our adult males are supplemented with vitamins and calcium one time each per week.

This is the exact regimen I use and what the reccomend people use when they buy from them. Very good products and I have bought many until I settled with these. Be sure to get the Minerall "O" which means its for outdoors so that there is no D3 in it. The reason for this is that the Rep_cal brand has D3 and you dont need to overdose it between 2 products. At adult stage I would mix the MinerAll and the Rep_cal D3 together to meet the once a week requirement for calicum as they suggest and then use the Rep-Cal vitamins all by themselves the other day.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. whitey4311

whitey4311 Member

Oh yeah PS Chams can not ABSORB VIT A as a straight supplement so many other products out there are worthless in that area. The Rep_cal uses Betacarotene as a precursor so that it allows for self production of vit A after ingestion. It is much safer and more beneficial since straight Vit A is just a waste since they cant use it but for good health do require it.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. debokilatr

debokilatr New Member

Anyone familiar with lllreptile.com (good or bad experiences? prices?)? I am going to be ordering a lot of supplies from them and was wondering if there is a good gutload I could purchase from their site?

Thanks

12. LadyCham

LadyCham New Member

Hey Dedokilatr:
    From what i've heard they are pretty good alot of people use them. I think the best place to buy gut load is www.cricketfood.com
    it really good quailty and pretty cheap.

13. Sam_Charette

Sam_Charette New Member

Not to mention the fact that you'd be buying from one of our moderators! :(