Weight?

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by Spazzy3, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Spazzy3

Spazzy3 New Member

Anyone know what the weight of an adult female CWD should be? I know it depends on the dragon but is there an average?
    My cwd's are 108g(17inches) and 115grams(17 inches, would be 18 but she lost 1 inch of her tail when i got her over a year ago.)
    They both havent really grown much in length, they were like 16 inches when i got them. But they have really grown alot in weight, they were scrawny little things when i got them and so spazzy all the time. Now they're just fat and lazy :roll:

And i was wondering if anyone has a guess of how old they are? They seemed like they were pretty much done growing even when i first got them, they just hadent been taken care of so they didnt grow as much as they should have, does that seem like a possible reason why they arnt growing that much?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. kinyonga

kinyonga Member

I've seen some really huge water dragons and some that weren't so big. There could be any number of reasons why. As long as the dragons are heatlhy and "pleasingly plump" I don't worry about their weight. I don't let them get fat because that can lead to health issues and to shorter lives.

What are your basking temperatures? Do they get UVB from a tube/linear UVB light or from direct sunlight? Do you gutload the insects? Supplement them before feeding them to your dragons? With (specifically) what? Do you feed them a "salad" of greens (dandelion, kale, collards, endive, escarole, mustard greens) and veggies (carrot, squash, sweet potato, sweet red pepper, zucchini, etc.) and a bit of fruit (apple, pear, melon, berries, etc.)?