Welcome to the Canadian Forum

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by Axe, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

As the subject says, welcome to the Canadian forum here on ReptileRooms.com.

We seem to have picked up quite a Canadian following, so we thought it was about time to let you guys have your own area to chat about Canadian reptile issues.

As with the other areas of the forum, please do not use this area to advertise animals for sale, or to offer to buy animals. This is not a classifieds ;)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. nakedjellybean

nakedjellybean New Member

Thank You Reptile Rooms. As a proud Canadian, let me say a big HELLO to all the others here in the room. Also does anyone know of any Rep shows coming up in the Kingston area, the herp scene is not very large around here so I am guessing I am going to have to hit Toronto or Ottawa.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Floyd_Is_My_Beardie

Floyd_Is_My_Beardie Member

Thank you so much Axe for doing this. ;)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Newt

Newt New Member

wow very kewl
    yes ty axe
    =)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. FrickFrack

FrickFrack New Member

Fellow Canadians....EH

Hi all,

Names Rick, I am located near Lonon, Ontario. My wife and I have been breeding/keeping beardies for about 2 years now... I am glad to see that more Canadians are showing interest in Herps....

There is an expo in Mississauga this month FEB 27
    www.reptileexpo.ca

Cheers
    Rick

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Rimshot

Rimshot New Member

WOO HOO ! WELCOME FELLOW CANADIANS !

12. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

Yeah!!! Thank YOU, John!!!!! I AM CANADIAN!!!

FrickFrack, I am in Belleville, and the only reptile show I have ever heard of is the Expo next weekend in Mississauga. I was planning to go , but I think I'll have to wait and go in June.

13. CrestedGecko1991

CrestedGecko1991 New Member

Hey everyone, I'm a CANADIEN and I am so happy that this site got a forum for canadiens!

14. Oscar

Oscar Member

Nicely done sir....

Thanks... ;)

15. nakedjellybean

Hello everyone, thanks for the link frikfrak. I think myself and my son will be going to the April 17th show. Do you know of a site with pics from past shows? I would like to show my son what to expect.

16. Crazy_Fool1

Crazy_Fool1 Member

Right on fellow canadians now we can have our own lil world to talk about methodfs on heating our igloos an catching beavers and saying "eh" alot with no one to bother us!! lol Anyone else here pissed about molson merging with coors? Anyone here in the southern alberta area?

17. FrickFrack

FrickFrack New Member

Hey canadians...
    it's great to see more ppl turning out

Nakedjellybean -
    I havent seen any pics from previous expos, however I was there last year in April, and it was a lot of fun...there is plenty of different vendors with as many different herps...I remember seeing almost all of the big names in Canadian breeders and collectors. There is always plenty of competition so you might be able to get a really good deal on your next beloved herp...

Janice -
    Bellville isn't too far...and your right there really osn't much else as far as shows go in this area. I have seen ads for small ones in small communities, but can't imagine that too many vendors would turn out...I would say deffinately worth going to the show in Mississauga this month (first one of the year)... and come agin in April...it's that much fun

I will be there this month and maybe in April too...hope to see you all there

cheers

18. GeckoBrothel

GeckoBrothel New Member

I am a newbie on this forum and so I will introduce myself. My name is Betty and I am a breeder of Leopard, Fattails (amels, stripes and regular banded) and also of crested geckos. It is so hard to just have one!!!! My son started out with one fattail less than 2 years ago and now we are on the addictive list.
    Glad to be here.
    Betty

19. nakedjellybean

Hey Crazy, eh.. What could ever be wrong about a beer company getting bigger :D
    I agree with the heating part, but we should prolly discuss heating our enclosures :D

20. TJ

TJ Embryo

I am Canadian as well... Currently existing in California at this time...

TJ

21. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Hello all you Canadians. I'm going to the expo in Mississauga this Sunday. I've never been to one before. Can someone tell me what to expect. I heard they get really crowded. I also heard the prices of the herps and products are reduced...

22. doriedragon

doriedragon Embryo

LOL molson and coors was a sad day, but imho, they were sad beers to begin with. :shock:

Hey I'm in Central albera

23. scotto

scotto New Member

Just wanted to introduce myself here

I'm Scott, my wife doesn't really know what to expect from my newly discovered hobby. It started with 2 Long Tailed Grass Lizards about 3 months ago, and now I'm getting a Tokay Gecko saturday or monday. I'm going to plan out a custom tank for the Tokay since I discovered they like tons of room.
    So anyone get in touch if you have any ideas to throw around about that.

24. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

Welcome to the Canadian Forum! :)

25. miriamlam

miriamlam New Member

Canadian here!

Awesome to have our own forum! Thanks so much!