Welcome to the Chameleon Forum

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by CricketFood, Feb 16, 2005.

1. CricketFood

CricketFood New Member

Hello, my name is Ronnie and I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. In the past, I have kept panthers (Ankaramy, Ambilobe, Nosy Be, St Marie, Sambava, Tamatave, and Ambanja), carpets (one of my favorite species), armored, mellers, jackson's, johnston's, veileds, and montium chameleons.

While I do have a lot of experience with these and other reptile species to draw from, I do not consider myself an expert on chameleons, and only regard a few people with that level of respect.

If you are considering purchasing a chameleon as an introduction species to reptiles, I stongly encourage you to recondsider and choose a different kind of lizard. The ods are stacked against you to have a successful and enjoyable experience with chameleons. For those that have other reptile experience to draw from, you're going to need it! Keeping chameleons successfully is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have with reptiles, but it takes education, understanding, and patience to get there. There is little to no room for mistakes with these guys.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you and sharing our experiences with these wonderful animals.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. kk

kk New Member

WOW! you have a lot of chameleons. I had been wanting one for soooo long and i finally got a baby veiled. she is so cute!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. sh4rkk

sh4rkk Embryo

thx ronnnie...look forward to some well needed advice down trhe road :D

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. willywonka

willywonka New Member

I am looking into getting a chameleon, I have some experience with reptiles & lizards but not with chameleons. I am researching first. What species would you suggest for a beginner in the chameleon field?

Thanks,

-Paul

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. jab1

jab1 Embryo

Hey you responded to my message about breeding. I am currently starting a breedind buisness/project with my friend, it is called west coast chameleons. thanks for giving me the link to that web-site, to repay you i want to give you a link to the best panther breeding web site ive ever seen.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. joezeppy

joezeppy Embryo

What is that best link? I am also interested in Chameleons but want to make sure am fully prepared before getting one. They are the coolest looking animals I think I've ever seen and they seem friendly (unless you're a cricket). I"m hoping to learn more about them here. Thx.

12. scoobyndora

scoobyndora Embryo

Hello there. Nice to meet others with chameleons. We have had 3 iguanas in the past and currently have 2 of them. My hubby has wanted a chameleon for a long time so I got him one for his birthday. It is a gorgeous chameleon. We have had him about 2 to 3 weeks now. So far so good. My questions is what should the humidity be for it?

13. shroomhead

shroomhead New Member

you should make a topic for it.

what kind is it?