Wesley - My Pacman Frog

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by EvilSquish, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Floyd_Is_My_Beardie

Floyd_Is_My_Beardie Member

Axe - we have Cane toads in Australia, The were brought in to the cane fields to destroy the rat population then the cane toads got out of hand then they had to bring in snakes. But the ones we have shoot out poison. Do yours do that?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Yup, they are all poisonous. That's why the girl in the photos is wearing rubber gloves :(

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. mythdragonlover

mythdragonlover Well-Known Member

Has the poisin ever been shot at you? And can the shoot it far?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

I'm not sure they can actually "shoot" poison. More it seeps out through pores in their skin. But I could be wrong.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. mythdragonlover

mythdragonlover Well-Known Member

O, I see. How poisones are they?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. dan420

dan420 Member

Well, it kills anything that eats it, but i dont know about just touching and dying.

12. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

As far as a healthy human goes, it probably wouldn't kill you, but it could make you pretty sick. They're not the kind of toads you want to lick, if you know what I mean :)

13. BSB

BSB Well-Known Member

that cane toad is awesome and so is that pac man frog.

14. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

How irresponsible to just let anything exotic or domesticated go in the wild. That is terrible. I couldn't imagine doing something like that.

15. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

It was done intentionally, in an official capacity, not realising what a problem they'd caused.

The rabbit population also got so out of control in Australia that Myxomatosis was developed to kill them off.

http://www.burrill.demon.co.uk/meddoc/myxo.html

It's just animal control. But in the case of the Cane Toads, they just didn't realise all the implications of letting those things loose :D

The rabbits, by the way, were also unnaturally introduced by man in the first place. :)

16. tumbleweed

tumbleweed New Member

I've loved pacman frogs since I saw two albino ones in the store that looks just like little pacmen! :D I've wanted one since, but can't get one yet. The next herp to get is a Beardie. I'll just have to wait on my frog.

17. EvilSquish

EvilSquish New Member

A bud of mine had a bronze pacman, awesome looking little thing. My Wes loves his moss though, he's hunkered down something fierce... lol

18. Scolex

Scolex Embryo

What a cutie! He's just sitting there, waiting for you to serve him.

Since you showed that picture Axe, I'm gonna guess you own a Cane Toad(?)... I've never known anybody to own one as a pet, and was wondering what kind of setup you have for it?

19. EvilSquish

EvilSquish New Member

Scolex - Hehe well he almost literally waits for the food to flop into his mouth... if the food is too small, he belly flops onto it and then it's missing til he wiggles off of it.. lol