what a mess, eye caps, cracked tank I think I need help

Discussion in 'Other Pythons' started by southsfinest, Jun 13, 2005.

1. southsfinest

southsfinest Embryo

I bought my Bp june 4th he ate the 6th he wouldnt eat the 10th I noticed his eyes turning blue the 10th also knew right then why he wouldnt eat... eyes are still very very blue... came home from being out of town this weekend and one of my cats had knocked a speeker on his tank and cracked it as yesterday and today have gone on the crack has gotten much much worse going almost from top to bottom of tank. I have a bigger home I was going to put him in anyway when he was done sheding, I really dont think it can wait. What will it hurt if I move him now the other tank is already setup for the perfect shed. At this point I dont think I have much of a choice. I feel like the tank will shater and hurt him. anything and everything I can find out right now will be great......

one more thing his eyes have been blue since friday my brothers never stayed blue that long.... what do you think?

he is also one of this years hatchlings he is only 17 inches long I dont know how many times he has shed before

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

no don't waite move your ball python in to the other setup. Iwould consider this perticular instance fine for moving durning a shed if there is a chance of it getting hurt.

the period of "bluing" is dependant on the perticulare snake some turn blue and shed in a few days some it takes a week or so. give your snake time and learn its perticular shedding patterns.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. southsfinest

southsfinest Embryo

thanks I thought thats what I should do but I wanted to be sure first .... about how old do you think he is?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

Is this not posted in General Snakes???

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. wreckwriter

wreckwriter Member

Yep, I replied to it there. Cross-posting generally doesn't help one get good answers....