what did you do at the tampa show????

Discussion in 'Florida Reptile Nuts' started by noobchamowner, Mar 11, 2006.

1. noobchamowner

noobchamowner Member

well i went in ther for a new cage for my beardie puff and came out with the tank and her heat lights and uvbs u know stuff like that but i had 2 get this cal king he was a beut and my mom hates snake lol so..... my plan was 2 have her look at as many as possibale and now i have him his name is snaky and i am so happy just wana know what u went 4.... and what u actualy came out with thx

jeff

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. springshockey08

springshockey08 New Member

well i went to buy a blood python and a brazilian rainbow boa....i came out with those two plus a white lipped python, 3 lamps some, grapevine wood, and little stuff...i just couldnt resist that little white lipped python he was saying take me home so i did

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. HerpboyNY

HerpboyNY New Member

0.0.2 club-tail iguanas
    0.1.0 anery kenyan sand boa
    0.1.0 schneider skink
    And knowledge of a site called reptile rooms.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Sheila

Sheila Member

We bought a cricket set up and an extra box. Some pheonix worms, repcal powders, cage carpet and cricketfood. I did treat myself to a new gecko t-shirt ;) My son and hubby liked looking at the animals while I talked to everyone! I did learn about a new snake I had never heard of before..a leaf nosed sanke. No animals came home as we are qutie content but I did see a Lawson's dragon that was quite the beaut!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. HerpboyNY

HerpboyNY New Member

Those leaf-nosed snakes are something else. IT's the first time I've ever seen one in person, it was a real treat for me.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. leopard_gecko247

leopard_gecko247 New Member

i got two new leos some waxworms and superworms one leo is a male his name is makk,
    the other is a female her name is sandi,makk is huge! he may only be 66g but his tail is giant but its not a regrown. He and sandi look incredibly healthy.did you guys see a guy named trey?he had blazing blizzards,albino leopards,regulars.he had blonde hair with a backwords hat on, he gave me a deal since i bought two of them.

12. Tico

Tico New Member

Well i got a Het for granite burmese python,got her for $120 and than saw somebody else was selling them for $185 after that i felt lucky.But i also got a cage to put her in and a lamp.

Tico

13. leodeal384

leodeal384 Member

Well I got this:
    [​IMG]
    but unfortunately did not see any leopard geckos worth getting. I did see some albinos and a few blizzards, but they didn't look to good. Anyways, I managed to get 3 glass tops for my tanks and this guy up there^. He is a clown tree frog (Hyla leucophyllata). CB from Bay Area Reptiles. I also met Axe! Wow...I have never talked to anyone who has been around so many different snakes!

14. Powderfinger

Powderfinger New Member

all I got was a rock...

:)

15. VtMiPgYeRr

VtMiPgYeRr Member

I bought a leo from Trey, one of the healthiest looking ones he seemed to have, a well established female. Though all his adults looked very healthy, and he gave me a discount because my friend and I were cute :3 Yay for being females lol. I also bought some extra stuff for her tank after she settles in and some feeder supplies. I also got to meet Ronnie from cricketfood.com who is in the live chat all the time. The cutest thing was this turtle they had walking around with balloons on him for donations, he was almost to quick to get a picture of! They only bad thing I saw at the show was someone selling adult BPS for $30, my friend picked on up to have me look at him, the skin wasn't coming off whole and withing 10 seconds of looking at it I found a tick! Poo snake was housed with about 5 or 7 others too. Overall it was a great experience though.

16. RinkRat33

RinkRat33 New Member

Haha, sounds like Charlie Brown....anyhow, all i got was some of the salad topper for my Uro...this was my first show so more or less i went to look around and see what it was all about (especially since i just got a beardie on Sunday morning from a friend). Now i think i'm gonna try to go to the show in Tally or Jax with a little bit of money and see what i come back with, haha.

17. springshockey08

springshockey08 New Member

i believe there is one in late april in clearwater...it would save a long drive and alot of gas money too for you

18. Mikey624

Mikey624 New Member

i got a fire salamander and 1 thing of frog moss. i was the kid working at the
    FL CHAMS booth (every1 probably met me).

19. Rocky

Rocky Member

Poor Scott. LMAO!!!! It was fun hangin out with you and Ronnie!

I got 2 new female ball pythons, 5 bags of rat food, and some worm gutload.

20. Paper_Cut

Paper_Cut New Member

If you went to the croc encounters booth, I was probably the one holding the alligator. Or walking the tortius(sp?) I was also the only kid on stage during the reptile showing. Anyone see the show? or our booth?

21. Mikey624

Mikey624 New Member

was it the one with the big alligator snapper??

22. ArpeggioAngel

ArpeggioAngel Embryo

I brought home my first Crested Gecko!

23. Paper_Cut

Paper_Cut New Member

Yes, that despite numerous warning and common sense, people kept wanting to put their hand in and ask "does it bite"
    And to those that donated I thank you all, we made $700 and finally have the money to build the turtle that was walking around a proper enclosure.

24. Mikey624

Mikey624 New Member

i love that guy

[​IMG]

25. Paper_Cut

Paper_Cut New Member

Dusty? yeah, if you wanna know he is an african silcata(sp?) at 8 years old. It is his personality that makes him walk around. We have 2 others that won't come out of their shell.

He never did stop for a pic ya know...