What do you do for a living?

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by mxracer4life_41, Nov 1, 2005.

1. bratspets

bratspets Member

LeoGeckos-Rule...I think that is awesome...I am showing this to my 13 year old daughter!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Tokaylove

Tokaylove Member

i work at petsmart dont get mad we are not all stupid idiots I know my stuff and what i dont know I learn so as to help the customers!!!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Zap

Zap New Member

I'm a Geotechnical Draftsman. I draw and design Hydro Electric dams.

I do not have and reptile pets as of yet, but I plan on acquiring a corn snake within the next month or 2. Just doing my research first.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. bratspets

bratspets Member

Tokay-good for you. There are plenty of responsible people in the pet stores.
    Don't let prejudiced people intimidate you!

And Zap - kudos to you for researching corns first...by the way, interesting work you do, and welcome to the forums.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Orangemen08

Orangemen08 Member

yeah everyone here seems to have a different job, its interesting to see what you guys do

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. D_Money

D_Money New Member

I'm not sure what I want to be but sociology and engineering are both very interesting to me. Engineering mostly because I like building stuff and working with my hands, I find it to be very rewarding. I was always surrounded by legos as a kid so its kinda obvious I'd consider engineering.

And sociology because I keep thinking about the way humans interact with eachother, especially when compared to animals, its really crazy and makes you think a lot.

12. SteveISU

SteveISU New Member

Audiologist.....diagnose and treat hearing and balance disorders/neurological disorders that cause either of the two. :p

13. KAOSRacing

KAOSRacing Member

Have you considered being an architect? You could design and engineer buildings around sociological concepts.

Just a thought.

14. xomissi

xomissi New Member

i'm an office/records assistant at a law firm. very busy!

15. greypalomino

greypalomino New Member

i'm currently a stay at home mom. my daughter started kindergarten, this year, and my son is only 3. when he starts school, i plan to get back into horse training.

16. xomissi

xomissi New Member

ooo lucky! some day i hope to raise friesians! do you have any background with them?

17. Tokaylove

Tokaylove Member

oh my god horses are my favorite I hope to one day run a horse rescue foundation!!!!!!!!!!!

18. greypalomino

greypalomino New Member

i don't have much experience with friesians! i focus mostly on arabs, saddlebreds, and national show horses (nsh).

i currently have a coming 4 yr old nsh who is just awesome!

right now i'm boarding him out. my hubby and i are in the process of buying a house with a bit of land. in the spring, i'll start looking for low scale resuce.

i do have a friend with a draft horse and foal rescue. i might just hook up with her and foster and train her rescues.

if you're interested, i'll post a pic in my gallery thingy, of my guy!

19. greypalomino

greypalomino New Member

20. lindsey22

lindsey22 New Member

i am the manager of a 40 horse barn and i love my job!!!

21. greypalomino

greypalomino New Member

lindsey22,

what kind of horses are there? (if you don't mind)

22. metaldrivensoul

metaldrivensoul New Member

I am currently between jobs because of hurricane Katrina. I was working at CompUSA in New Orleans. Networking/Upgades consultant which is a fancy term meaning i talk about computer peripherals and whatnot all day long, well at least for 8 hours. A good percentage of the time was spent trying to convince people why "borrowing" their neighbors wireless internet was not a good idea, not to mention unethical. I am also plan on going back to college here in San Antonio next year sometime once we get situated in our new city. I was 3 years into my Computer Science degree but seeing that none of my credits transferred im back down to being a lowly sophomore. lol. Anyways, thats me.

-Wes

23. AP327

AP327 New Member

I make pizzas for $7 an hour. Exciting eh?
    I should be in college right now as well but due to a paper work screw up I'm taking the semester off. Hopefully I'll be starting my first breeding project by the end of the year.

24. xomissi

xomissi New Member

adorable pics! all of them!

i'm so jelous of you all who get to work with horses! what a dream job. sigh.

25. Orangemen08

Orangemen08 Member

Wow thats very interesting, it seems that a lot of you either own or are interested in horses...