What do you do for a living?

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by mxracer4life_41, Nov 1, 2005.

1. greypalomino

greypalomino New Member

thanks! those are my furr babies...i can't seem to get my camera to get clear pics of the lizards...guess their too tiny, right now. (only about 4 inches nose to end of tail)

don't be jealous, xomissi. you can be there, too!

orangemen08, horses are very addictive...a lot like lizards...just that horses cost a whole lot more...*sigh*...

it is really cool to see others who have a passion for horses, too!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

School Rocks. Not. I go to school and help out at the local Herp Store in the holidays.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

and make a WHOLE lot more poop! :)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. greypalomino

greypalomino New Member

axe, you are so right...lol!

one horse can produce around 40,000 pounds of manure (poop and wet bedding) in one year.

did you know that the US govt actually *pays* people for that manure? a friend of mine has a contract with the govt for her horse manure...she gets paid .50 per pound of manure, up to 250,000 pounds. not a bad way to make a living :)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. uhh..yeah

uhh..yeah New Member

i'm in Jr. High LOL.

-Courtney

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

$0.50/lb???? That's a lot of money for well... for what it is, lol - especially given the amount they produce. That 250,000lbs you mentioned, is that a combined annual limit?

I knew there was a market for it, every once in a while, we drive past a house in the area that's DEFINITELY a customer :) but I didn't realise the goverment were buying it up too. Perhaps they use it to arm the politicians ;)

12. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

Perhaps? More than just perhaps! I think you've hit on something here though!

13. greypalomino

greypalomino New Member

yes, that's an annual amount of manure. the govt has a contract with a local company, and they pick up the manure every month. she gets paid once a year, at the end of the first quarter of the tax cycle...what ever that may be...and yes, she does have to pay taxes on this income! after taxes, she usually gets about $60k/year...for selling this...product...

yep, i do think those politicians do use it...probably to eat it :wink: that's where they get those crappy thoughts, and words, they use :mrgreen:

clementine, if you don't mind, which general area are you from? i'm in the binghamton area! this state has really gone down hill since i returned 7 years ago!

14. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

It's been a slow decline over the years!! LOL
    I'm in Albany, right near all the manure eating politicians! :)

15. greypalomino

greypalomino New Member

:) oh, that was good!

my husband is a truck driver (to keep this to topic), and he's done a lot of albany runs, when he was over the road. he said that albany is very pretty!